Which is the best pub in Sheffield?

teflon

Lescar, Sharrowvale Road.

Cheap beer, cheap food, the most electic mix of people in the UK and the best live Footy venue around. We are camped in the back room every Sunday afternoon.

It is also the most tolerant pub you will ever wish to find. If you know what I mean.

Mandy at the Porters Cottage will bar me if she reads this.

• 4 weeks later...

If Mandy is the miserable sow who has been the landlady at the porter cottage for a while now, then she is particularly bar-happy (I mean, of course that she bars people for no particular reason, not that she's a happy person in a bar, which she certainly isn't).

Nelson's ok and it plays great music but there's never anywhere to sit and I've been in with mates who don't look like your average rocker and all the young goth kids looked at us like we all had two heads. So much for not stereotyping people based on their appearence!

For me two of the best boozers in Sheff are the Grapes and the Dog and Partridge.

You get all sorts of people in the Grapes as well as live music, a 40p pool table, a real fire for those long dark nights and the fella behind the bar is sound.

As for the dog , it's a great old style pub with the best Guiness in town.

You can keep your trendy bars and overpriced pints!

Archived