Which is the best pub in Sheffield?

teflon

Originally posted by kentboy119

My experience of pubs:

The Stag - bit smelly - reasonable alcohol.

The Walkley Cottage - nice, cosy pub.

The Washington - modern, reasonable - a bit smelly.

The Devonshire Cat - good place, clean.

The Springvale - Quite a nice place.

As i grew up a two minutes walk away (or 1 min on my skatebord) from the Walkley Cottage I would agree, it was a great local pub, full of lads I went to school with and hung around with. When Fred had it in the early 90's is was at it's peak. Shame they moved the snooker table and made it into an eating area. Great for a lazy afternoon drink outside on the benches or summers evening.

I would agree also with The Washington, then again my best mate owns a major share in it, so I would wouldn't I. But is has some great characters (Banksy and Nort) and the music is Fab, and no hassle from anyone. Oh, and the photo's are great as well (the photographer is another v.good mate of mine)

And I would also like to 'big-up' the Fox and Duck in Broomhill !!

I have even got a book on the public houses of Sheffield, it's a winner !!

Originally posted by 2wentypence

Rich has a serious crush on this girl! - see quote below from another thread- (Most Beautiful Bar Staff)

"The young lass who does the quiz in the Robin Hood is quite nice, but I think she's got somebody"

You seem a little dejected by the thought that she might have somebody. Have u asked her?!!

No I've not asked, she's a bit old for me anyway but I still wouldn't say no :hihi:

She's the Landlord's Daughter apparently.

Originally posted by Rich

No I've not asked, she's a bit old for me anyway but I still wouldn't say no :hihi:

She's the Landlord's Daughter apparently.

If its still the same girl she's called keeley. She is a really nice girl but she did have a boyfriend last time i spoke to her.

The Cobden View is great. There's a good mix of students and locals, the ales are decent, the music quiz is gripping and in the summer there's a lovely beer garden to chillax! Thursday's are a particular highlight when they have the folk night, anyone can join in, sing along! :)

Archived