Diagnosis of rear projection tv failure

I am wanting to see why my tv failed and my very strong suspicion is that the colour wheel has been destroyed, i have found out from some investigating that this was a fault before i bought the tv so having a professional diagnosis of the reason the tv is broken and what lead to this situation would be great.

How much would it cost for someone to come and have a look at it and provide that evidence or quote me a price for a new colour wheel.

Thankyou

Yeah, in the side you have the lamp and lamp housing, this shines through a 1" square with glass in it, the colour wheel spins behind that, then i think hits the DLP chip and projects to the screen.

The problem is there are a couple of shards of glass just behind this tiny clear piece and i do not want to open the tv and cause any damage...i would like an expert opinion on the likelyhood of colour wheel shards being in that square gap, or if something else should have been there.

Archived