Mps get legal aid in expenses scandal.

How in the name of Hades do they manage to qualify for legal aid?? Surely their incomes must be way above the limit for applying?

Years ago, when I needed legal aid, I couldn't get it because I was paid too much - as a secretary!

Because the same test was applied to them as to everyone else:

They're entitled to a defence solicitor being appointed by the court if they cannot afford to provide their own, yes.

Is that the same thing as obtaining Legal Aid to pay for their own defence? And if not, which of the two are they actually getting?

Are they having a solicitor appointed by the court, or is the taxpayer merely paying for whichever solicitor(s) they choose to employ?

They're entitled to a defence solicitor being appointed by the court if they cannot afford to provide their own, yes.

Is that the same thing as obtaining Legal Aid to pay for their own defence? And if not, which of the two are they actually getting?

Are they having a solicitor appointed by the court, or is the taxpayer merely paying for whichever solicitor(s) they choose to employ?

That should be choose for us to employ for them!

I got legal aid once for a 'Family Court' issue. I was earning 26k at the time. Still had to pay nearly a grand towards it because I am a homeowner.

Am I to assume that they;

a) Earn less than me

b) They don't own a home or

c) They belong to the biggest boys club in the country?

Archived