How many times can you be woken up on nights before you get paid more

How many times can you be woken up on nights before you get paid more. I cant find nothing on net that tells you.

Woken up on nights? are you at work?

In that case you shouldnt be paid anything if your sleeping through your night -shift.

If you mean being woken up in the night, whats waking you up?

do you mean if you are 'sleeping in', such as in a care home or in someones house?? If so, i dont think there are rules on if you get paid more after you have been woken up. You'll probably get your normal hourly rate after being awake for a certain period, probably an hour. This is entirely an agreement between you and your employer.

your employer should have a policy that you would have had to agree to when signing up (in your employment contract maybe). There should also be a policy about if you have been awake for a certain amount of time and are expected to work a shift in the morning.

just googled night shift allowance laws and found this

The only law that exists for enhanced rates of pay (shift allowance, unsociable hours etc.) is that where they exist (and existence is entirely dependent on the contract of employment)

How many times can you be woken up on nights before you get paid more. I cant find nothing on net that tells you.

Can you let us know what "Care" Home this is?

It's just that if they employ people who can't speak English properly I think people should know. :rolleyes:

I await the cries that I am being unfair but care not. It's like hearing nails on a chalkboard when I read things written in that "style" i.e. barely literate.

Archived