How many times can you be woken up on nights before you get paid more

Can you let us know what "Care" Home this is?

It's just that if they employ people who can't speak English properly I think people should know. :rolleyes:

I await the cries that I am being unfair but care not. It's like hearing nails on a chalkboard when I read things written in that "style" i.e. barely literate.

Be fair, you don't need to be a literary amanuensis to sleep the night at someone's house. All you really need is to be a light sleeper and know the basics of their needs, surely? :)

Interesting to read this thread...

OH works nights as part of his shift pattern and frequently gets calls throughout the day which wakes him up. He's too soft for his own good and answers the phone, which drives me mad as he's then tired for the few hours we get together before he's back off to work.

I'll get him to check his contract!! ;)

Be fair, you don't need to be a literary amanuensis to sleep the night at someone's house. All you really need is to be a light sleeper and know the basics of their needs, surely? :)

noy ou do, purley becouse old people can not usualy understand dfferent languages, not saying all dont but the majrity have difficulty even hearing clear english people speaking lol so when it comes to personal convos with the service user or ambulance or anything realy, sleep in dosent mean the service user sent going to need anything and means of communication is a very important part of a carer service user relationship which is also needed with trust

Omg why dunt everyone jump down my throat, i get a basic very low pay and im paid to sleep at someones house. There is a law on how many times that person can wake you for assistance before your money goes up.

So your saying you get paid to sleep?

But you dont get paid to wake up and do your job?

Archived