Fantasy Island cash machines now charge

The cash machines in some co-ops are nothing to do with the co-op. Used to work for the co-op so I know. Nothing at all to do with us. Used to have some proper earache off customers who couldn't draw their cash out and had to tell them over and over "We're sorry - you have to get in touch with the number on the machine as it is nothing to do with us."

Arcade cash machines charging you is a con. No matter what excuses you care to make for them - the label still fits - con.

Not so sure...one fact i do know about cash machines is that the ones that have an old dial up modem sound are the ones that tend to make the charges...the faster silent ones do not seem to have a charge associated with them, wether this is because of broadband lines or whatever, but i can imagine the modem call to the servers not being free. Not quite sure if that is the reason but is a good a reason as any.

Some talk of independant companies installing these machines too, thus after a profit on top of any banking transaction.

One bank with which I have an account refunds ATM charges levied by other banks.

Generous of them? - Not really. They seem to think it's cost-effective and good for business.

They don't operate ATMs, so they don't have to pay to run them, either. It means that I can use an ATM anywhere at no charge (a good reason for me - and, no doubt, many other customers - to bank with them.)

What's the difference between a cash machine in an arcade and a cash machine in the co-op? They both cost the same to install. They both cost the same to maintain and run. How come one charges and the other doesn't.

Probably because Co-Op can get money from you buying stuff while you're in the shop. That's why they're inside and not mounted outside on the wall.

Probably because Co-Op can get money from you buying stuff while you're in the shop. That's why they're inside and not mounted outside on the wall.

Some co-ops have cash machines outside - well - in the wall, but accessable only from outside. And you are going to spend your money IN the arcade.

Easy solution,take enough cash and don't use them...no one is forcing you to...

I don't use them. Still do not see why people should pay to get their own money. And it is still a con.

Some co-ops have cash machines outside - well - in the wall, but accessable only from outside. And you are going to spend your money IN the arcade.

I don't use them. Still do not see why people should pay to get their own money. And it is still a con.

They're paying for the convenience of being able to get cash 24 hours a day....

Use them then...if there was no demand for the ones that charge then they'd disappear...

I've already said I do not use them. Blimey!

Look ---> I do NOT use cash machines full stop.

Sorted.

Does not detract from the fact that you should not have to pay to use them.

Archived