Fantasy Island cash machines now charge

I must say that as the starter of this thread ... i went past the ATM`s on sunday just gone and there were not one person stood there at all 6 machines and that was lunch time ...and the market was fairly busy...any other day you cant get to the cash machines or past them with people queing

You don't have to use the machines that levy a charge..use the free ones at supermarkets etc.....

You don't have to use them at all. But my point was, they lure you into thinking that having bank accounts are a good thing, with access to your money 24/7, safer, more convenient etc, then, when everyone has signed up to a bank account, and are happily using the facilities we were told would be better for us, they start levying charges for?

Jayne

You don't have to use them at all. But my point was, they lure you into thinking that having bank accounts are a good thing, with access to your money 24/7, safer, more convenient etc, then, when everyone has signed up to a bank account, and are happily using the facilities we were told would be better for us, they start levying charges for?

Jayne

But it's not the banks that are charging at the machines at F.I....

That is kind of a myth - when you give money to a bank you are loaning it to them, and until they give it back to you it is their money, not yours, they just owe you the amount of money that you have in your account.

And you think it is fine? Cool - lend me a tenner and then pay me a fiver so that I give you your tenner back. Works for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived