Is car really not roadworthy?

Had an incident this morning and someone bumped our car (their fault, not ours) and the wing mirror passenger side has been smashed - when I reported it to the insurance company they advised its not driveable and to contact the chap who hit us so he can advise his insurance company of this - (he has admitted liability so it is all claiming through his insurance) - I had the mans insurance company details policy number etc - so I called them to query this and they said, if its the passenger mirror then its fine, it IS driveable, its only not driveable if its the drivers mirror!! So whos right? Dont want to take a chance driving if my insurance said not (call centre in India :( ) but then again, if its ok then a bit stupid not to be able to drive????? HELP?????

phone his insurance company back, tell them you have been advised the car is un-drivable and tell them you require a courtesy car until they arrange for your vehicle to be fixed.

in the real world, driving without a wing mirror doesnt make your car undriveable.

I have just rang my insurance company again to get a second opinion and advised them what the other insurance company said and it IS driveable !!! OMG!!! How pathetic, dont ever go with More than - they may be cheaper but their customer service leaves alot to be desired!!!! The company I spoke to (the other chaps insurers) were saga, and they were so helpful and couldnt do enough for you!!! So a bargain is not always the way to go!!!! Thanks for all advice from you guys though :)

Getting the insurance company involved for a mirror? It wouldn't even be claimable unless you had a zero excess. And what about no claims? I would be very careful.

Have you ever had an accident in the last X years? You are going to have to answer yes from now on.

Archived