Is car really not roadworthy?

its not just the mirror, the doors are scuffed aswell (one slightly dented) and the trim was ripped off :( if it had just been the mirror would have just tried to sort it without insurance companies to be honest due to all the hassle - does it really affect your insurance that much if its a claim thats not your own fault? Bizarre that, and not fair at all, but hey at least im not claimiing for whiplash aswell!!!

You DO NOT need a passenger side wing mirror, the car WOULD NOT fail it's MOT without one.

It IS fine to drive.

:)

This gets highly complecated if the car is a 5 door then it should have both wing mirrors as I understand it

You are required to have on a car one drivers side wing mirror or door mirror and an internal rear view mirror.How ever if the glass is cracked on your passenger or parts missing then that will be a issue remove any broken glass if that is the case.

its not just the mirror, the doors are scuffed aswell (one slightly dented) and the trim was ripped off :( if it had just been the mirror would have just tried to sort it without insurance companies to be honest due to all the hassle - does it really affect your insurance that much if its a claim thats not your own fault? Bizarre that, and not fair at all, but hey at least im not claimiing for whiplash aswell!!!

Your insurance should not really be effected but you will have to declare it. It will ask the details of the claim and if it was settled which it was so it should not cause a problem. I have to declare a claim when my Volvo was vangalised and it counts against me even though I was not becuase the money was not recovered from another party.

Archived