Alcohol: How much is too much?

I go out on a Saturday night most weeks and to be honest I am probably what would be classed as a binge drinker I have not too many but enough to be quite merry! But the rest of the week I don't touch a drop and have no inclination for any but according to the government I am putting my health at risk!!
You are. Binge drinking in itself is very bad for you, no matter who you are.

It really gets on my nerves everyone should drink what suits them unfortunately there are always going to be some people who end up alcohol dependant no matter what the government says.
But not you eh? "It won't happen to me," that's what every alcoholic once thought. Walk across the road laughing with your fingers in your ears and your eyes shut, now wasn't that fun.

If you think you have an alcohol problem, then you are right and it's up to you to do something about it.

If you do not think you have an alcohol problem, then nobody else has any reason to consider it. Nobody will get involved.

- If that's a problem ... do you think you have an alcohol problem?

as soon as you use the word "need" in a conversation about drinking.

phew a hard day i NEED a drink.

at that point. you have a problem.

same with coffee, fags, or anything else.

I don't think so. Everyone has said that they "need" a beer at some point, what they generally mean is that they'd like one.

I quite often come out of the gym and say that I need a drink (of water), it's not a psychological problem though.

It's important to know your limit.

If I'm lying on my back choking on my own vomit then I know I could only manage another one, maybe two, more drinks. Probably best to make them shorts as well.

(with thanks to Paul Calf)

You are. Binge drinking in itself is very bad for you, no matter who you are.

But not you eh? "It won't happen to me," that's what every alcoholic once thought. Walk across the road laughing with your fingers in your ears and your eyes shut, now wasn't that fun.

The only thing worse than a reformed puritanical ex-smoker is a reformed puritanical ex-drinker. Just because you're too weak to handle your booze doesn't mean everyone else is the same. Why don't you stop judging people by your standards?

Archived