Do you want a lift?

Are you friendly enough to offer a lift to someone that might see at a bus stop?

A neighbour?

A person you know by sight?

Someone you've chatted to in the pub?

A stranger?

Or do you just drive by pretending that you hadn't noticed them?

Are you friendly enough to offer a lift to someone that might see at a bus stop?

A neighbour?

A stranger?

depends how much of a rush im in tbh, if im not then i might do depending how much i like them.

A neighbour?

A stranger?

A neighbour? Yes, if I know them

A person you know by sight? No

Someone you've chatted to in the pub? No, unless I know them

A stranger? No No No! don't pick up strangers!

Daft question really Tone.

A neighbour?

A stranger?

I'll start doing that when I get a job on the buses.

Don't drive but if I did I would :)

I'm always pleased to get offered a lift, so it would be good karma. Sometimes if I'm out walking in the Peaks and get lost or too tired I'll hitchhike back to my starting point. People are great, and I haven't encountered any axe murderers yet.

That said, I did have a very traumatic experience last week when I took a lift from a certain fellow forum member who went on about how women drivers were terrible and made me listen to a horrible banging sound called "house music" (apparently "Classic FM is for Sheffield United fans" :suspect:). I'm seriously thinking of making a complaint to the police.

years ago I used to get the bus to work ... for some strange reason we work bank holidays and one of the chappies who used to get the bus with us had borrowed his wife's car and stopped to give me a lift (I didn't know then that the buses didn't run on BH's LOL). We hadn't done much other than nod hello / goodbye before then. It was a very kind & thoughtful act :)

I stop if I see people I know in the street walking home or to work.

It depends on where I'm going, how full the car is, whether I've got children or animals with me and how much of a rush I'm in.

I do regularly pick up friends, neighbours and people I know, I'm reluctant to stop for strangers unless they're trade platers who can be identified in the event that they were to murder me and leave my body in a ditch somewhere (I text their trade plate number to a friend for safety).

I have stopped for neighbours in Sheffield, but when i lived in SW Scotland i'd stop for anyone who appeared to be needing a lift.

When i first moved there i had no car, but i soon realised it was quite normal to stop for people who were walking, or waiting at a bus stop.

The village i lived in had two buses a week to the closest town, if i missed the bus home it was a 12 mile walk back (and i lost count of the times i had to do that)

When i got a car i would offer lifts too and met some really nice folk, i had no bad experiences at all.

It depends on where I'm going, how full the car is, whether I've got children or animals with me and how much of a rush I'm in.

I do regularly pick up friends, neighbours and people I know, I'm reluctant to stop for strangers unless they're trade platers who can be identified in the event that they were to murder me and leave my body in a ditch somewhere (I text their trade plate number to a friend for safety).

The trouble with safety is that there is sometimes a catch.

You'd be getting justice.

Archived