Do you want a lift?

Are you friendly enough to offer a lift to someone that might see at a bus stop?

A neighbour?

A person you know by sight?

Someone you've chatted to in the pub?

A stranger?

Or do you just drive by pretending that you hadn't noticed them?

I'll wave and say hi.... but then again I ride a motorcycle and therefor wont be able to give them a lift... :D double win for me!

I am so often tempted to stop and ask people at bus stops if they want a life into Hillsborough, but I don't because I imagine the responses I would get - anything from ignorance to insults.

If its a female at the bus stop she may think I am on the pull. If its a male he may think I am on the pull.

Often these people either have bus passes or need to use more than one bus so would still end up buying a return ticket and giving them a lift would not save them a penny. The tram link buses run very frequently.

That said, I did have a very traumatic experience last week when I took a lift from a certain fellow forum member who went on about how women drivers were terrible and made me listen to a horrible banging sound called "house music" (apparently "Classic FM is for Sheffield United fans" :suspect:). I'm seriously thinking of making a complaint to the police.

You were obviously in the company of a person who not only has exceptional taste in music, but is also working hard for the community attempting to make the roads a safer place... :)

That said, I did have a very traumatic experience last week when I took a lift from a certain fellow forum member who went on about how women drivers were terrible and made me listen to a horrible banging sound called "house music" (apparently "Classic FM is for Sheffield United fans" :suspect:). I'm seriously thinking of making a complaint to the police.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Ill stop for work colleagues if Im going to work, someone I know if they fit in car. Other than that, I wont pick anybody up thats a total stranger. Ive already offered a lift to someone on here for football.

It depends which part of the country you live in. We don't have much of a bus service to begin with so most people drive. If I did see a neighbour at a bus stop I would stop but I lay a pound to a penny that they wouldn't accepct my offer.

No I have a problem with people who want lifts, you know, I spent hundreds of pounds of driving lessons, hudnreds of pounds on a car, thousands of pounds on car insurnace and thousands on petrol. It's like, wh...why should I do all that, and you not..and you get all the privilages of having done so?

Na I only give lifts to people who's car is in for repair or something, or is unable to drive their own car for whatever reason.

Unless I'm doing something with my friends of course and were all going to the same place like the pub or whatever.

You were obviously in the company of a person who not only has exceptional taste in music, but is also working hard for the community attempting to make the roads a safer place... :)

I have to say your driving is amazing. You are the only person I know able to keep their car on the road whilst admiring every passing student in a miniskirt.

And your ability to actually find your own steering wheel in the middle of all the various piles of rubbish is remarkable! Your car is the only place in the world I have been that is dirtier than my workspace. Well done! :clap:

(actually if it raining tonight, please do offer me a lift so I can be impressed with your superior male driving skills even more :love::help:)

Archived