Art! What is it good for?

Do you enjoy it? Does it stimulate you?

Would you pay £100 for a print from Coles rather than £100 for original art?

Are you a bit embarrassed when you choose art? What does your choice say about you?

Is it all a load of pretentious nonsense? Would you like a nice photo of a kitten in a watering can?

Art is utter pony. I appreciate a nice painting but the tripe they wheel out for the Turner prize is just that.

I wonder how much I could get for a jar of my semen labellled "Society" placed in a sand box with a Cappuchin money defecating over it waving a flag proclaiming "The U.N"?

Art is utter pony. I appreciate a nice painting but the tripe they wheel out for the Turner prize is just that.

I wonder how much I could get for a jar of my semen labellled "Society" placed in a sand box with a Cappuchin money defecating over it waving a flag proclaiming "The U.N"?

I have a telephone bid of £2m. :hihi:

Do you enjoy it? Does it stimulate you? Yes

Would you pay £100 for a print from Coles rather than £100 for original art? No, I'd paint/create my own.

Are you a bit embarrassed when you choose art? No. I know what I like and can't be arsed to pussyfoot around, pandering to other folks' pretensions (my own pretensions are good enough for me).

What does your choice say about you? I'm not Brian Sewell.

Is it all a load of pretentious nonsense? No: some, yes; but not all.

Would you like a nice photo of a kitten in a watering can? I don't like kittens, but give me a watering can by Mondrian and I might go for it.

Art! What is it good for? Getting involved.

Do you enjoy it? Does it stimulate you? I've currently got nothing other than the bare furniture in my living room as it's being decorated and I miss my lovely pictures and things that finish my house off, so yes, it stamps individuality on a home and stimulates thought, emotion and memories.

Would you pay £100 for a print from Coles rather than £100 for original art? I'd pay whatever I thought a piece of art was worth, whether that is original or print. One of my favourite pictures is a triptych of pictures which was a screen print and cost only £4 to buy (it cost £50 to frame, mind, but only £4 for the pictures!)

Are you a bit embarrassed when you choose art? What does your choice say about you? Not embarrassed in the least. My art says that I like texture, colour, whimsy, seriousness, lovely raw wood, glass and a whole load of other things. I've even got a lovely collage of insects made from recycled cutlery!

Is it all a load of pretentious nonsense? Would you like a nice photo of a kitten in a watering can? Depends on whether it's a kitten that's pretty...

Art! What is it good for? If you took away all art then that's you sitting on a tea chest and staring at white walls for the rest of your life.

Do you enjoy it? Does it stimulate you?

Would you pay £100 for a print from Coles rather than £100 for original art?

Are you a bit embarrassed when you choose art? What does your choice say about you?

Is it all a load of pretentious nonsense? Would you like a nice photo of a kitten in a watering can?

I work in an art gallery, so....

1.Nope, original art for me

2.No and probably says I'm malfunctioning !

3.No, on the whole, and no cos kittens should never be in watering cans.:hihi:

Archived