The problem of Heaven

With my friend, David Ramsay Steele, I inquire that if in Heaven there exists free will and a guarantee not to do wrong, why not here also?

Are you asking this in a similar sense to:-

Why can't a two dimensional being jump?

And how could this be a hobgoblin of little minds?

In the same sense that an ants perspective is the hobgoblin to 3rd dimensional thinking?

This argument eviscerates Alvin Plantinga's free will defense that he claims that overthrows the naturalist logical problem of evil, if credible. Is it?:huh:

Who? Wha?

Steele makes this argument in " Explaining Atheism: from Folly to Philosophy.'' Others now also use it.

:love::wow:

Are you steele by any chance?

With my friend, David Ramsay Steele, I inquire that if in Heaven there exists free will and a guarantee not to do wrong, why not here also?.... :love::wow:
Good point... and from childhood we are told that mankind sinned in Eden and so need redemption in order to go to 'Heaven' and once the price has been paid, our 'original sin' has been forgiven - then Paul said "Christ died once and for all time" - so why the need to 'believe' or do anything in order to be 'saved'? Such are the contradictions of Religion.

Actually (and this is for Christians) 'Heaven' in the Old Testament simply means the sky and in the New Testament it can mean several things but not the airy-fairy idea of heaven that have been told to believe which came later through Religious teaching of the church. "Our Father in Heaven" means Our Father in the sky and as a Pantheist, I would argue that it means Our Father of the sky - not the mythological place we have been told about from early childhood.

I think that John Lennon had the right idea..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okd3hLlvvLw

Google "auditors green ink". Although I think "Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells" may have been an Auditor (or at least a chartered accountant).
lol, I'd never heard of that before, but the idea behind it is roughly the same. Although the OP qualifies more on the lunatic fringe of green inkery, imo :D

Archived