Still feel like voting?

I am shocked and outraged!!! They only spend £160 a week at Tesco?!? How??? I spent £100 for just two of us, how can they all live on that? Shocking!

As for the benefits... Unless you are going to start charging people for every kids after the second one (good idea in my opinion) then you can't really complain. We need to make sure children are safe and have the money they need for food and a roof over their head, so you couldn't really stop benefits in cases like this, but these people are being very irresponsible for continuing to have children.

not all, theres ones out there that inherit it........thats not earning it in my book

But the rich aren't born into a family that have become rich by sitting on their arse and claiming benefits.

Somewhere down the line, someone has worked hard for the fortune that people might be born into.

I am shocked and outraged!!! They only spend £160 a week at Tesco?!? How??? I spent £100 for just two of us, how can they all live on that? Shocking!

As for the benefits... Unless you are going to start charging people for every kids after the second one (good idea in my opinion) then you can't really complain. We need to make sure children are safe and have the money they need for food and a roof over their head, so you couldn't really stop benefits in cases like this, but these people are being very irresponsible for continuing to have children.

Kids should be put up for adoption if its obvious what is happening.

not all, theres ones out there that inherit it........thats not earning it in my book
Then that's not right either in my eyes, I couldn't feel proud sitting in my house with all the mod con's that the people in the paper have got and feel proud that I had loads of kids and am sitting on my bum all day.

But the rich aren't born into a family that have become rich by sitting on their arse and claiming benefits.

Somewhere down the line, someone has worked hard for the fortune that people might be born into.

oh its purely the benefits bit you dont like?

getting rich by sitting on your arse is ok then as long as benefits arent involved?

oh its purely the benefits bit you dont like?

getting rich by sitting on your arse is ok then as long as benefits arent involved?

It's the scrounging off the state that I don't like. Benefits should be there for people who can't work for health reasons or who need assistance whilst looking for another job.

Like I said, if I was born into a rich family (I wish...) and didn't have to work a day in my life it wouldn't be because my parents decided to have 34 kids and claim benefits, it would be because my parents (or grand parents) worked very hard to accumulate the fortune.

They look well clothed and fed because you are paying for them. They stay together as a family because they know they'll not be able to afford the Merc if they don't, which as it happens you are paying for.

You don't see a problem?

I'm assuming you are voting for Labour?

It's not the childrens' fault that they have been born. The state now has two options. It can support the children so that they grow up with a decent standard of living by providing benefits or it can withdraw benefits and see the family descend into poverty and the family have to move to some cramped council house with the kids being sent out to thieve in order to make ends meet.

Or you could forcibly remove the children and give them to families who don't already have large broods.

To prevent the same thing happening in future there would have to be a Chinese style 1 child policy with forced sterilization.

There is no indication in the story that the family would have stopped having children had there been no benefits.

So what would your solution be a) In the short term for this specific family and b) in the long term to prevent people having large families?

Archived