What was Kingdom before it was Kingdom?

Moosey

I'm aware it's Embrace now or whatever, but what was it called before it was called Kingdom? Am I right in thinking it was a different club before that, but after it was the cinema? Memory going now! :)

I'm aware it's Embrace now or whatever, but what was it called before it was called Kingdom? Am I right in thinking it was a different club before that, but after it was the cinema? Memory going now! :)

It was a cinema for years in the early 90's.

No im sure it was a cinema, built to replace my favourite cinema the gaumont..

I thought I remembered it being something in between. Maybe I'm getting confused.

I remember it being the Odeon in about 93, so assume Kingdom was after that.

It was The Gaumont cinema "when i were a young 'un "..:hihi:, and , if memory serves me correct :huh:, they had a restaurant called " The Blue Room "...I believe it was called The Regent before it was The Gaumont

Correct it was the gaumont til the late 80s then demolished to be replaced with that hideous building in red with mirrored windows. Cinema was th odean. Became a nightclub (kingdom) in the late nineties (98 or 99 I think).

Archived