Private rented house keeping my bond due to mould

I just moved from a private rented house and they are keeping my bond due to mould.

I informed the company Lighthouse Lettings that i had mould. The inspector came out and said fine just keep wiping it.

Now i have moved out the keeping my £375 bond due to mould damage and damp to redecorate the flat.

They told me i should have kept the windows open , keep in mind this was over the winter period.

Is there anything i can do about this as i thought damp and mould wasn't caused by anything i did/do and i removed following instructions given to me.

I wonder if it is the same landlord I had that took my bond because the toilet fell off the wall. I won that argument loudly by showing the stupid arse that you could easily remove large lumps of wall from the room.

All the houses in sheffield have damp and mould.

Have you spoken to the letting agent about it? Are you a student? If so there was someone we spoke to at the union who helped us although I can't remember the name of the service (useful I know)

I wonder if it is the same landlord I had that took my bond because the toilet fell off the wall. I won that argument loudly by showing the stupid arse that you could easily remove large lumps of wall from the room.

All the houses in sheffield have damp and mould.

Have you spoken to the letting agent about it? Are you a student? If so there was someone we spoke to at the union who helped us although I can't remember the name of the service (useful I know)

No it's someone in Mansfield. The property was a 2 bedroom flat heated my tiny 2kw heaters, 1 per room. All the wallpaper started to lift off the walls which i delt with. Then the mould came through , i rang the letting agent as soon as i noticed it. She came out and then sent me a letter telling me that damp was a natural thing and they can't sort it and best thing i could do was to wipe it down with a cloth and open my windows.

I followed instructions to the letter but yet still telling me it's my fault and they are going to deduct decorating costs from my bond to sort the issue.

The landlord shouldn't have the bond, it should be with a holding company. They're not allowed to keep the bond themselves for reasons like this.

Archived