David Cameron and the Tory Manifesto

Earlier today I listened to David Cameron presenting the Tory manifesto. It was the usual line about smaller government and giving people more choice. He also spoke about people power and suggested, for example, that if people are not satisfied with the choice of schools in their area they should start their own school! Not surprisingly no advice was given on how people might finance such a venture or where the teachers would come from. It also doesn’t seem to have occurred to him that by the time the school was built the children would have moved on anyway.

Mr Cameron also repeated George Osborne’s mantra from the last Tory party conference ’we are all in it together’ Er…excuse me Mr Cameron but it wasn’t me who caused the economic downturn but your rich, greedy and selfish banker friends. Why aren’t they being asked to part with some of their millions?

I didn’t think the Tories could ever have a worse leader than William Hague: remember his 22 pints a day, how well he looked in a baseball cap, and his threat that there was only 7 days to save the pound. Hague was awful, but Cameron is far worse. He simply hasn’t got a clue.

I notice they won't say they intend to keep the smoking ban.:suspect::suspect:

Why not? Has Ken Clarke promised some tobacco companies it will be droped after the election but keep quiet about it for now so as not to lose votes?:suspect:

They didn't say they intend to keep the murder laws either.

Earlier today I listened to David Cameron presenting the Tory manifesto. It was the usual line about smaller government and giving people more choice. He also spoke about people power and suggested, for example, that if people are not satisfied with the choice of schools in their area they should start their own school! Not surprisingly no advice was given on how people might finance such a venture or where the teachers would come from. It also doesn’t seem to have occurred to him that by the time the school was built the children would have moved on anyway.

Mr Cameron also repeated George Osborne’s mantra from the last Tory party conference ’we are all in it together’ Er…excuse me Mr Cameron but it wasn’t me who caused the economic downturn but your rich, greedy and selfish banker friends. Why aren’t they being asked to part with some of their millions?

I didn’t think the Tories could ever have a worse leader than William Hague: remember his 22 pints a day, how well he looked in a baseball cap, and his threat that there was only 7 days to save the pound. Hague was awful, but Cameron is far worse. He simply hasn’t got a clue.

It would be a bit ridiculous to expect him to give everyone a way to fund a new school. He is talking about making it easier, less red tape etc for people who have the funding to do it.

ps they are also gordons banker friends

Some of it sounds like normal pre election crap, none of which we are likely to ever see....or they will put in before leaving office.

Still labour has never had my vote and never will.....so lets see which group keeps pretty quite and i will choose them :)....less crap , more honesty.

The theme that 'we're all in this together' did raise smile.

It reminded me of a book I was reading about WWII. During the aftermath of which. the then government's rallying cry was 'we're all in this together'. Unfortuantely the greatest sacrifices were borne by those least able to make them.

We have been told by successive governments that our future lay in financial services. That we should trust the market, have light touch regulation and the wealth will 'trickle down' to the ordinary citizen.

So now the people who weren't invited to the party are now invited to help clean up the mess under the guise of 'we're all in this together'.

:rant:

Please explain exactly what this means... I don't seriously expect a reply as this appears to be another stupid trolling thread similar to the anti Tory ones you post sporadically...

Archived