Alton Towers today ..

I see on the Alton towers facebook page someone els also not happy about the power cut and was booted out, and im guessing there be loads more talking about it later. Hope your daughter gets a refund saffy must be scary been stuck on the ride.

I was there today. It was frustrating but nothing could be done - it was the area that was cut not just the park.

From what I gather as soon as the power was cut the park received an emergency supply of power to enable people to be brought down from the rides. There was then about a 45 min wait before full power, and then all the checks had to be done again.

Someone also said the rides are now designed with this in mind - so when there is a loss of power the ride stops in a low point to enable a rescue.

Some people say their day was ruined but they did open the park for an extra hour and waived the parking fee - staff were standing by the ticket machines telling us parking was free today.

All in all the park responded well. They could have kept us informed a bit more but they got everyone down safely. These things happen when you're dealing with massive rollercoasters that churn massive amounts of power.

I like roller coasters, although I wouldn't fancy getting stuck on one. Knowing my luck that would be the moment I realised I was bursting for the toilet!

I didn't know you had to pay to park at Alton Towers :huh: I don't remember paying last time I went. Bit of a rip off considering there's no other way to get there (well not easy ways).

Archived