St Johns School Pics

Hello, does anybody have any photos of St Johns at Wybourn as I lived in the caretakers house and attended the school towards the end of the 70s and unfortunately have no pics:(

I have had a quick search on here to no avail.

Thank you

Coincidentally I was looking for some pics a few weeks ago (went there in the early 80s) but can't remember where I saw them ...

This is all I can find today. :(

EDIT: I remember where I saw the pics, there's a Facebook group with some. Hopefully we're talking about the same school as I believe there was an earlier St John's School nearby.

Edited by segasonic
More info!

Coincidentally I was looking for some pics a few weeks ago (went there in the early 80s) but can't remember where I saw them ...

This is all I can find today. :(

EDIT: I remember where I saw the pics, there's a Facebook group with some. Hopefully we're talking about the same school as I believe there was an earlier St John's School nearby.

...3 schools in total ! - i first went to the one on Cricket Inn road late 60's(2)(opposite where the Park Gardeners WM Club is now. Then when the new one was built on Manor Oaks rd (3),i went to that (71?) It was all brand new and amazing to us , and i loved my time there. I think the caretaker back then was Mr Clarke , and his daughter Ruth was in my class. Also the vicaraige was in the same area for St Johns church , who was Mr Everest.

Teachers i remember are Mr Martin - head

Miss Dodsworth - deputy (who later wed Mr Martin !)

Mr Jackson , Mr Grant , ....?

...3 schools in total ! - i first went to the one on Cricket Inn road late 60's(2)(opposite where the Park Gardeners WM Club is now. Then when the new one was built on Manor Oaks rd (3),i went to that (71?) It was all brand new and amazing to us , and i loved my time there. I think the caretaker back then was Mr Clarke , and his daughter Ruth was in my class. Also the vicaraige was in the same area for St Johns church , who was Mr Everest.

Yeah, I think the head was Mr Martin when I was there. Only teachers I recall are Mrs Godbehere and perhaps a Mrs Powell?

My walk to school from High Pavement Row took me past the derelict dog track, I remember the scoreboard.

There was a 'castle' in the playground made of breeze blocks and wood to play on. There were jumble sales at St John's church and I remember getting a Spirograph from one. :)

Yeah, I think the head was Mr Martin when I was there. Only teachers I recall are Mrs Godbehere and perhaps a Mrs Powell?

My walk to school from High Pavement Row took me past the derelict dog track, I remember the scoreboard.

There was a 'castle' in the playground made of breeze blocks and wood to play on. There were jumble sales at St John's church and I remember getting a Spirograph from one. :)

...I can also remember celebrity John Junkin once came and David Prowse (Green Cross Code man - pre Star Wars) early 70's . The breeze block /thick timber decking play area was futuristic to us back then , and probably when breeze block was new ! - still had hard tarmac to fall on though !

I was there till 74 , as they had just finished the extension on the bottom yard facing the telecom depot . Remember the Christmas plays organised each year by Ms Dodsworth when the hall was packed !

I also remember when the Effiingham Rd gas blast (73?) happened as all the windows in the school shook ,and we all thought a bomb had gone off .

• 11 years later...
On 17/04/2010 at 13:10, bracken said:

Mr Clark was my father in law and I married Ruth.  Strangely enough, my dad become the caretaker in the 90s and I used to play the piano for assemblies.