Cat owners should be more responsible.

Then they shouldn't be allowed out of the house. Or at least trained to use a litter try.

I don't think cats are as much as problem as people making out, like someone already said, dog poo is by far a worse problem. You might get an odd rogue cat but generally most cats don't do any harm, but the OP has a point about the woman coming to his house complaining about the glass on his garden because her cat could get hurt

I don't think cats are as much as problem as people making out, like someone already said, dog poo is by far a worse problem. You might get an odd rogue cat but generally most cats don't do any harm, but the OP has a point about the woman coming to his house complaining about the glass on his garden because her cat could get hurt

I think cats are a bigger problem than people make out. Not only do they make a mess all over the neighbourhood (hiding it, or doing it on top of plants) but they make loads of noise at night.

Dog poo used to be a big problem, but lots of dog owners have started picking the mess up now, due to the large fines if they get caught out.

I think, if you can prove it, you should be able to issue fines to cat owners that can't be bothered to train their cats to use a litter tray.

Most cats are littered trayed though when born, it's just that when they get old enough to go outside, people get rid of it as cat poo stinks vile, im not saying some people won't have problems with cats though because they will be some unfortunate people who lives near alot of cat owners but on the bigger scale I think dog poo is worse problem, maybe some people tend to pick their dogs poo up but there is still too many people who if they think noone has seen their dog doing it, they quickly get on the move... I have a ginger cat that comes in my garden, not sure on who owners are but apart from it pooing once in a flower pot, apart from that once it's no trouble at all, but saying all this they will be people who are getting 5 or more cats coming in their garden all the time and they will be the odd person who are getting flowers damaged but on the all dog poo causes me more problems with countless times I've stood in it by accident and then it all ingrains in bottom of your shoe. When I was younger I fell of my bike and my hand landed in some dog poo that had been left on public grass by someone

Most cats are littered trayed though when born, it's just that when they get old enough to go outside, people get rid of it as cat poo stinks vile, im not saying some people won't have problems with cats though because they will be some unfortunate people who lives near alot of cat owners but on the bigger scale I think dog poo is worse problem, maybe some people tend to pick their dogs poo up but there is still too many people who if they think noone has seen their dog doing it, they quickly get on the move... I have a ginger cat that comes in my garden, not sure on who owners are but apart from it pooing once in a flower pot, apart from that once it's no trouble at all, but saying all this they will be people who are getting 5 or more cats coming in their garden all the time and they will be the odd person who are getting flowers damaged but on the all dog poo causes me more problems with countless times I've stood in it by accident and then it all ingrains in bottom of your shoe. When I was younger I fell of my bike and my hand landed in some dog poo that had been left on public grass by someone

Until I got my dog, I had to clean up many piles of cat poo, every day!! I couldn't let my son play in the garden until I had gone round and cleaned it all up.

Cat owners should put up with the smell of cat poo in the litter tray. It takes 30 seconds to take it to the bin outside.

Until I got my dog, I had to clean up many piles of cat poo, every day!! I couldn't let my son play in the garden until I had gone round and cleaned it all up.

Cat owners should put up with the smell of cat poo in the litter tray. It takes 30 seconds to take it to the bin outside.

Yes I know people don't want it in their garden but most people with cats don't want cat poo in their house once their old enough to go outside so I can't really see the problem changing and it's unrealistic to bring in a law that states people's cats shouldnt go into other people's gardens

Yes I know people don't want it in their garden but most people with cats don't want cat poo in their house once their old enough to go outside so I can't really see the problem changing and it's unrealistic to bring in a law that states people's cats shouldnt go into other people's gardens

I didn't say there should be a law that states cats shouldn't be able to go into other peoples gardens.

I said, cat owners should be fined, just like dog owners, if they don't clean up after their cats.

For example, if I can provide proof that a cat has dumped on my garden, then I should be able to report it and have the owner remove it or pay for it to be removed.

I didn't say there should be a law that states cats shouldn't be able to go into other peoples gardens.

I said, cat owners should be fined, just like dog owners, if they don't clean up after their cats.

For example, if I can provide proof that a cat has dumped on my garden, then I should be able to report it and have the owner remove it or pay for it to be removed.

Yes but it wouldnt work as you can't prove that the owner knew about it

Yes but it wouldnt work as you can't prove that the owner knew about it

It wouldn't matter to me whether the owner knew about it. As long as I got the stuff cleaned up! Why should I have to do it??

The cat owners would soon put a stop to their pets roaming around when ever and where ever they want to......even if it meant putting them on leads.

Archived