Cat owners should be more responsible.

I'm the one who wants it cleaning up??? Do you think I would get away with that if I let my dog crap on your grass?

No, because as an owner of a dog you are responsible for it's actions, whereas cat owners are not because cats are willful animals. A fact recognized under the law.

I'm a willful animal, where do you live? I've got one brewing now!

Then your owner won't be responsible either ;) Do you think you should be on a lead?

No, because as an owner of a dog you are responsible for it's actions, whereas cat owners are not because cats are willful animals. A fact recognized under the law.

Then your owner won't be responsible either ;) Do you think you should be on a lead?

Which is entirely the point that I'm trying to get across. Cat owners should be made responsible for their cats actions, whether cats are willful animals, or not.

Maybe if there is no way of stopping cats spreading their filth, they shouldn't be kept as pets at all?!

Which is entirely the point that I'm trying to get across. Cat owners should be made responsible for their cats actions, whether cats are willful animals, or not.

The point I make is that to suggest people should be held responsible for being unable to control an animal that common sense and the law says are largely uncontrollable would be a stupid and silly idea.

Maybe if there is no way of stopping cats spreading their filth, they shouldn't be kept as pets at all?!

Good look with that.

The point I make is that to suggest people should be held responsible for being unable to control an animal that common sense and the law says are largely uncontrollable would be a stupid and silly idea.

If cats are uncontrollable, why do some cat owners teach their cats to use a litter tray?

The fact is, the majority of cat owners are lazy! They only get cats because they don't think they need to look after them properly.

If cats are uncontrollable, why do some cat owners teach their cats to use a litter tray?

The fact is, the majority of cat owners are lazy! They only get cats because they don't think they need to look after them properly.

Well if you have them from being baby's then you have to litter train them because they only supposed to be allowed out after they had their needles but I think you should take up your point like charlie/hank did.. You do have a point there

They don't. They put a litter tray down, some cats use it, some cats don't. The owner has very little say in the matter.

The fact is, the majority of cat owners are lazy!

Says the man who's too lazy to think of the blindingly obvious!

They only get cats because they don't think they need to look after them properly.

Really, based on what evidence?

They don't. They put a litter tray down, some cats use it, some cats don't. The owner has very little say in the matter.

Says the man who's too lazy to think of the blindingly obvious!

Really, based on what evidence?

Based on the evidence that they can't train their cats to use their litter try. Don't try and tell me that cats can't be trained, because I know that they can.

And I have no idea what you mean with regards to the blindingly obvious.

Based on the evidence that they can't train their cats to use their litter tray.

Maybe the cat does use a tray indoors, but the cat is outside and it needs a dump.

Don't try and tell me that cats can't be trained, because I know that they can.

You cannot train a cat to anything like the extent that would make an owner liable for it's actions. That is plainly common sense to anyone who has ever been in contact with a cat. They are unpredictable. The law agrees and indeed, reflects this fact.

And I have no idea what you mean with regards to the blindingly obvious.

Every point I've raised is blindingly obvious.

I have just had six new windows fitted to the rear of my house. The fitters knocked out the old windows and in the process smashed several panes. They did a decent job of clearing up after themselves, but there was still a fair amount of broken glass left behind.

The woman next door was quick to notice this and wasted no time in knocking on my door to let me know about it: "I hope you are going to get rid of that glass!" she said. "We all own cats round here you know, and I'm sure you don't want to have to pay the vets bills for any cut paws".

It just so happened that I was about to clear it up anyway, as I wouldn't want the kids to cut themselves on it, never mind her cat! I nearly said as much, but owt for a quiet life, I bit my lip, and told her that she could consider it done.

It wasn't until later on that I realised what had happened. I had greed to clear broken glass from MY property so that her cat wouldn't come to any harm!!

She shouldn't allow her cat on My property! The amount of cat poop that I have to deal with in my boarders is wrong! and one of the little blighters has scared a pair of nesting blackbirds from our black bamboo tree.

I'm sure that if I let our Labradoodle run riot on her garden, the balloon would go up, but I don't. So what's the difference? :(

Cats can jump over garden fences, dogs cant and usually have no desire to.

How do you control a cat that's outside?

Archived