Cat owners should be more responsible.

Seriously though. How on earth could I be held responsible for injury to any cat, caused by being on my property? :huh:

There are no laws regarding cats and fouling. A cat holds a unique position in law in that the owner of the cat is not held to be responsible for the consequences of any trespass by the cat. It is an offence to put down poison or set snares for a cat.

If anybody hurt or poisoned my two cats, i would go over and give them a good

thrashing, other cats poop in my garden and i clear it up, theres no big deal to be honest. Also good luck with putting a harness and lead on most cats, it's boderline cruelty if you drag them around and they don't like it.

I'm annoyed that people let their dogs poop on the pavement/grass and don't pick it up even though they saw it happen, LAZY SODS, the amount of poop near where i live is disgusting.

You can't be held responsible for a wild animal, cat included, or any animal not under it's owner's control, injuring itself on your property. Leaving glass, nails or corrosive chemicals is plain dangerous anyway and it's in your own best interests to clear it up before a child injures itself for which you are responsible.

We have two cats but if one comes in stinking of creosote like it did last year I'm not going to go round to the neighbours to complain that our whole house now stinks of creosote and the cat's been sick all over by trying to lick it all off.

It's not that cat owners should be more responsible, like has been said, a cat is as wild an animal as a rabbit but I'd tell the old bag where to get off if she gets lippy again.

Oh, nearly forgot to mention, I've never trodden on any cat pooh in the street, dog pooh yes, of which there are several kilos on our road.

I have just had six new windows fitted to the rear of my house. The fitters knocked out the old windows and in the process smashed several panes. They did a decent job of clearing up after themselves, but there was still a fair amount of broken glass left behind.

The woman next door was quick to notice this and wasted no time in knocking on my door to let me know about it: "I hope you are going to get rid of that glass!" she said. "We all own cats round here you know, and I'm sure you don't want to have to pay the vets bills for any cut paws".

It just so happened that I was about to clear it up anyway, as I wouldn't want the kids to cut themselves on it, never mind her cat! I nearly said as much, but owt for a quiet life, I bit my lip, and told her that she could consider it done.

It wasn't until later on that I realised what had happened. I had greed to clear broken glass from MY property so that her cat wouldn't come to any harm!!

She shouldn't allow her cat on My property! The amount of cat poop that I have to deal with in my boarders is wrong! and one of the little blighters has scared a pair of nesting blackbirds from our black bamboo tree.

I'm sure that if I let our Labradoodle run riot on her garden, the balloon would go up, but I don't. So what's the difference? :(

Hi

I couldnt agree more, she was fairly tactless and could have maybe said that she couldnt stop her cat coming into your property... could she give you a hand maybe or just kept her cats inside for a while...

We have a cat but its indoor so cant really comment but your cat is your responsiblity - you let them out and theirs and your risk!!

You say it is an offence.

Would you care to provide us with details of the statute?

Protection of Animals Act 1911

1 Offences of cruelty .(1)If any person—.

(a)shall cruelly beat, kick, ill-treat, over-ride, over-drive, over-load, torture, infuriate, or terrify any animal, or shall cause or procure, or, being the owner, permit any animal to be so used, or shall, by wantonly or unreasonably doing or omitting to do any act, or causing or procuring the commission or omission of any act, cause any unnecessary suffering, .....

(d)shall wilfully, without any reasonable cause or excuse, administer, or cause or procure, or being the owner permit, such administration of, any poisonous or injurious drug or substance to any animal, or shall wilfully, without any reasonable cause or excuse, cause any such substance to be taken by any animal;

such person shall be guilty of an offence of cruelty within the meaning of this Act, and [F2shall be liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or both]

She shouldn't allow her cat on My property! The amount of cat poop that I have to deal with in my boarders is wrong!

As a former cat owner I agree, but what can you do? Have you ever tried to train a cat? The buggers just don't listen.

Incidentally, I used to clear any cat muck out of the borders of my neighbours gardens.

As a former cat owner I agree, but what can you do? Have you ever tried to train a cat? The buggers just don't listen.

Incidentally, I used to clear any cat muck out of the borders of my neighbours gardens.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=568604

If that doesn't work, stick a champagne cork up your cat's bum when you let it out of the house. :o

Archived