Cat owners should be more responsible.

Protection of Animals Act 1911

1 Offences of cruelty .(1)If any person—.

(a)shall cruelly beat, kick, ill-treat, over-ride, over-drive, over-load, torture, infuriate, or terrify any animal, or shall cause or procure, or, being the owner, permit any animal to be so used, or shall, by wantonly or unreasonably doing or omitting to do any act, or causing or procuring the commission or omission of any act, cause any unnecessary suffering, .....

(d)shall wilfully, without any reasonable cause or excuse, administer, or cause or procure, or being the owner permit, such administration of, any poisonous or injurious drug or substance to any animal, or shall wilfully, without any reasonable cause or excuse, cause any such substance to be taken by any animal;

such person shall be guilty of an offence of cruelty within the meaning of this Act, and [F2shall be liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or both]

So, what constitutes reasonable cause. You don't find many people being prosecuted for poisoning rats and mice, so presumably animals causing some sort of problem or nuisance becomes reasonable cause.

So, what constitutes reasonable cause. You don't find many people being prosecuted for poisoning rats and mice, so presumably animals causing some sort of problem or nuisance becomes reasonable cause.

Take a few minutes and read through the acts that are there to protect animals. You'll find that CATS are specifically named [no, not Flossie and Blackie before you say it] and are protected.

If you feel that you need to harm a cat, I'm sure that a magistrate's court or your solicitor would explain to you about 'reasonable cause'.

It's not the cats who are at fault - it's the owners who do not want to take responsibility for training the animals. My garden is full of the neighbours cat poo, but at least they don't send their kids over to use my toilet as a garden as well.

I'm getting a sabre toothed tiger s[or equivalent] in the near future to deter other animals - and building a 6' fence around my property to keep my own pet within boundaries. In the meantime the furry visitors continue to sneak through the gaps in the boundary fence - and I never catch them in the act, otherwise they'd be in the wheelie bin to avoid scratches and bites and taken back to their own address [intact]

They don't always bury it we find lots in the gravel on our garden.

Before we got our cats we had that problem so we bought a cat scarer which worked a treat. It was sonic and emitted a noise that only the cats could hear. We used to watch cats actually walk around the perimiter of "noise" which also extended into our neighbours garden. With the arrival of Tigs and Soxs we had to do away with the scarer so it's back to cleaning the poo up.

Archived