Catholic Church links gay men to paedophilia

You focus entirely on the church, but paedophilia exists throughout society.

Are you trying to say paedophile don't cover up. They ALL do. You are picking on the church again.

You are repeating yourself. The police give convicted paedophiles who have served their time, a new identity and move them to a new area just the same as the church. I was reading one case where the paedophile had been relocated only a hundred yards from a school. This was done by the authorities and the police knew all about it.

Re my bold. You are being disingenuous, here. Yes of course individual paedophiles will try to cover up, but these individuals are not harboured, and in some cases enabled to abuse again, by a powerful, world-wide organisation. This organisation has used its position and power to protect these abusers. That is what sets the Catholic Church apart. Why are you attempting to protect the Church from this accusation?

But the "authorities" don't routinely cover up paedophilia and move child rapists to new grounds so they can bugger a whole new set of children like the Catholic Church has been found to be doing.

The police are not allowed to give out the information. What is that if it is not a cover up by the authorities.

Re my bold. You are being disingenuous, here. Yes of course individual paedophiles will try to cover up, but these individuals are not harboured, and in some cases enabled to abuse again, by a powerful, world-wide organisation. This organisation has used its position and power to protect these abusers. That is what sets the Catholic Church apart. Why are you attempting to protect the Church from this accusation?

You are discriminating against the church when the authorities themselves are covering up. We need to see the bigger picture and stop being bigoted and prejudiced. You can google similar cases yourself.

Notorious paedophile moves next to school

Every parents worst nightmare

By Ciaran McGuigan

Sunday, 6 April 2008

A depraved paedophile who tried to snatch girls as young as THREE from Ulster's streets has moved next door to a Co Antrim school.

Ex-rugby star John 'Yogi' Stevenson has been let out of jail more than three years early after almost two decades of preying on young girls to fulfil his sick sex fantasies.

We snapped the former Instonians star as he mingled anonymously with families shopping at his local Tesco.

The scores of shoppers were oblivious to Stevenson's sordid life of prowling the streets for children and bribing his victims with sweets.

Stevenson recently walked free from Magilligan prison after serving just three-and-a-half years of a seven-year sentence handed down for a litany of sex crimes involving girls as young as three.

Now he has moved into an apartment in leafy Jordanstown, overlooking Whiteabbey Primary School and just yards from a children's play park.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/notorious-paedophile-moves-next-to-school-13906490.html#ixzz0lIoYJvgj

I can't believe this thread is still going, it's like Ask Grahame. Grahame, do you want to come over for a glass of wine and some music? I have a very good KD Lang album in my collection?

I would love to but you don't want a boring 65 year old over at your place, you deserve someone younger. :)

PS. Who is KD Lang?

You focus entirely on the church, but paedophilia exists throughout society.

Are you trying to say paedophile don't cover up. They ALL do. You are picking on the church again.

You are repeating yourself. The police give convicted paedophiles who have served their time, a new identity and move them to a new area just the same as the church. I was reading one case where the paedophile had been relocated only a hundred yards from a school. This was done by the authorities and the police knew all about it.

No they don't. They have to go on the sex offenders register in their own names. The fact that no one knows that they are paedophiles in their new neighbourhood is another issue which is being addressed with trials of Sarah's law.

You state the obvious that paedophiles exist throughout society but society convicts and brings to justice paedophiles the church hasn't.

Archived