Catholic Church links gay men to paedophilia

They may well have, just as they may have sexually abused boys in their care. Just as Priests abused boys and girls in their care. What of it?
Well most of the talk at this moment in time is about RC priests abusing boys.

Well most of the talk at this moment in time is about RC priests abusing boys.

Talk where? From church officials and other homophobic apologists it is as they want to shift the discussion from the Catholic Church's decades long conspiracy to hide paedophiles from the authorities whilst helping them find new children to rape to how evil they think homosexuals are.

So far as I can tell from everyone else the talk seems to be about how disgusting and downright evil it is for an organisation (let alone one claiming to be a source of moral teaching) to put it;s image and power before the welfare of children. Note children not boys.

Talk where? From church officials and other homophobic apologists.

Sorry initialy I only read/saw interviews of alleged male victims of sexual abuse by celibate RC priests, I believe that is what drew everyones attention surely.

My view is that if RC priests weren't expected to be celibate there would have been fewer of the abuse/paedophilia stories.

Sorry initialy I only read/saw interviews of alleged male victims of sexual abuse by celibate RC priests, I believe that is what drew everyones attention surely. My view is that if RC priests weren't expected to be celibate there would have been fewer of the abuse/paedophilia stories.

According to an article I posted earlier about 1 in 5 abuse victims in the USA atleast were girls.

As the article states this highly skewed ratio of victim's genders doesn't match national trends.

"Researchers can't yet explain the gender and age gaps (it's possible it may have something to do with that particular period in society or the church). But they do know that the Catholic-priest data do not mirror national trends in child sexual abuse. Overall, experts say, it's still very much the case that girls are much more likely to be the victims of sexual abuse than boys. In fact, Ernie Allen, president of the National Center of Missing and Exploited Children says that best estimates are that two thirds of victims of molestation are girls, although offenders who target boys tend to have much larger groups of victims. "For [those offenders], this is not a lapse of judgment, it's a lifestyle," says Allen."

It's not at all clear why paedophile priests seem to have such a different profile of victims compared to victims of paedophiles in general.

I don't know for sure about the affect of celibacy but there would definitely have been fewer cases of abuse if the church had reported allegations of abuse to the authorities instead of hushing them up and quietly moving the abusers into new jobs with access to fresh victims.

You need to stop this habit you have of calling people liars. You have been told about it before and it has to stop. You are the mischief maker and I am trying to put to rights all the damage you do. Calling me and others liars is simply psychological projection on your part and it is you who is the liar.

Hmm... but you allow yourself to call other posters I see? ....

A bigot! :loopy:

Grahame - paedophiles are not given new names and identities upon release from prison. Do get your facts right.

Didn't this thread get closed because you were all flinging insults at each other?

This page in particular is pretty bad. Really, regardless of beliefs, it's time to stop being so incredibly rude to each other.

Didn't this thread get closed because you were all flinging insults at each other?

This page in particular is pretty bad. Really, regardless of beliefs, it's time to stop being so incredibly rude to each other.

having observed this forum for some time before joining I find that I agree with you along with the fact that it aways seems to be the same few people throwing the insults or doing the stirring.

Hmm... but you allow yourself to call other posters I see? ....

Grahame - paedophiles are not given new names and identities upon release from prison. Do get your facts right.

They move to a new area where they are not known.

Archived