Catholic Church links gay men to paedophilia

I didn't know anything about sex until I was - oooh, 12, 13.

I really didn't know much more than the very very basics of the birds and the bees. I was completely innocent and didn't have any sex education, and even if I had, I'm sure it wouldn't have helped me stave off a wily sex attacker.

So what has sex education got to recommend it?

And a supplementary question, do you think it is right to go muck raking about a dreadful murder (two murders) that happened a long time ago.

If they are 'not innocent of the facts of life' why are you saying that 'sex education failed them'?

What is 'thses things are best left alone?' supposed to mean?

In what way was the girls knowledge about sexual matters in any way relevant to their abuse and murder?

The only interpretation of g's remarks, is that somehow the girls must have been complicit in their own murders, and, by implication/ extrapolation, likewise, the children abused by priests must have been complicit in their abuse.

Paedophiles are NOT "given new identities to protect them from vigilante groups" at all Grahame. I have been professionally involved following the discharge of convicted paedophiles Grahame. You are completely wrong on this point.

If they are being threatened, they are.

You were talking about sex education, but it doesn't matter...

All I'll say, Graham, is that I think this post is a bit icky and the glee people are taking to attack each other isn't very nice.

Can't we all go back to talking about whether God exists, again? :)

I am glad you have come back because I wanted to add to my previous post that paedophiles are given new identities to protect them from vigilante groups, Sarah's Law does not come into force until 2011 and anyone disclosing the identity of a paedophile will be prosecuted.

PT was wrong.

She wasn't, you are. I have worked in a professional capacity as a psychiatric nurse with people convicted of child sex offences or suspected of them and I can assure that new identities are not provided for paedophiles.

No you did not say that at all. You said nothing LIKE that, you twisty, deceitful man, you.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=6007785&postcount=679

I think Grahame overlooks the fact that a posting on SF is a record preserved - and anyone of us can look up the relevent text.

Well spotted PT. Yet another attempt by Grahame to claim he said one thing, when an examination of the record shows otherwise.

The only interpretation of g's remarks, is that somehow the girls must have been complicit in their own murders, and, by implication/ extrapolation, likewise, the children abused by priests must have been complicit in their abuse.

Can you be prosecuted for making untrue allegations? Because if so I will bring a charge against you, and anyone else who says such things including Sheffield Forum for allowing people to be attacked.

Can you be prosecuted for making untrue allegations? Because if so I will bring a charge against you, and anyone else who says such things including Sheffield Forum for allowing people to be attacked.

Graham, you're getting a little hysterical again, calm down.

If you resent people inferring that you are somehow suggesting the girls were implicit in their own murder then perhaps answering the questions below might help clarify your position.

If they are 'not innocent of the facts of life' why are you saying that 'sex education failed them'?

What is 'thses things are best left alone?' supposed to mean?

In what way was the girls knowledge about sexual matters in any way relevant to their abuse and murder?

She wasn't, you are. I have worked in a professional capacity as a psychiatric nurse with people convicted of child sex offences or suspected of them and I can assure that new identities are not provided for paedophiles.

A quick google produced several like this.

"Nursery paedophile to get new identity - all funded by taxpayers

By Paul Harris and Colin Fernandez

Last updated at 11:19 PM on 3rd October 2009

Vanessa George

Convicted paedophile Vanessa George will get 24-hour protection in prison

Nursery paedophile Vanessa George will enjoy a life of anonymity at vast expense to the taxpayer when she leaves prison.

It is thought her notoriety will never allow her to return to a normal life - and she will use human rights legislation to secure a secret new identity and round-the-clock protection.

The 39-year-old former classroom assistant has become a national hate figure since the extent of her crimes emerged.

Websites and Facebook groups have called for her to be killed.

The venom against her means lawyers will be able to argue that she should be given a new identity, shielded by unlimited anonymity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1217795/Nursery-paedophile-new-identity--funded-taxpayers.html

So what has sex education got to recommend it?

And a supplementary question, do you think it is right to go muck raking about a dreadful murder (two murders) that happened a long time ago.

Sex education has a lot to recommend it, grahame.

The religious nut-jobs in the US have a lot to answer for, in their attitude of "don't tell the kids about sex".

it's attitudes like that which are to blame for teen pregnancies, and the like, young gay people committing suicide because they are told (By people like you) that they are abnormal. I would far rather my children and grandchildren have age-appropriate teaching (be it from us or from teachers in the school's PDSH classes) about sex and relationships. I would want my grandsons and granddaughters to have the tools to enable them to make an informed decision about sexual intercourse. The tools to be able to say "no" and resist peer pressure, hopefully, and to wait till the right time, of course, but certainly to know how to protect themselves from STIs, and to practice safe sex, if they do make the decision. (Please, God, that day will be some years away as they are only aged 4yrs, up to 10yrs)

Going on your advice, g, my eldest DGD is now ten. Maybe I should look into warning her about the dangers of taking baths? (using those two poor little girls as an example?)

Archived