Catholic Church links gay men to paedophilia

It is against forum rules to attack a poster.

How can you come to the conclusion that Halibut was "attacking" you? He simply asked a question of you that you feel uncomfortable with.

Do people ever get anything right on this forum?

You certainly don't seem able to.

They are known to the authorities who protect them from vigilantes.

Whereas the catholic church protect the abusers within from prosecution, which is far worse.

Really, google the teenage pregnancy rate of Holland, one of the lowest and yet the most open about sex.

Teenage pregnancy is about ignorance encouraged by vile little men like you.

Seeing as Grahame never responds when challenged here is what the BBC reported to dismiss his ignorant statement that teenage pregnancies rise due to sex education.

The Netherlands

The Netherlands has the lowest teen pregnancy rate in Europe. Social attitudes to teenage sex and pregnancy are very different to those in the UK.

In Holland, there is social stigma attached to getting pregnant, while in some poor areas of the UK, pregnancy has become normalised.

Children are taught openly about sex both at home and at school - and they are expected to deal with sex responsibly.

Contraception is promoted for its health benefits by Dutch doctors. Many young women start using the pill before they begin having sex.

If all else fails, abortion is considered a more acceptable option than in some parts of the UK.

The Netherlands defies theories that openness encourages sex.

Surveys show that teenagers in the Netherlands are likely to start having sex on average a year later than their British counterparts. In the Netherlands, 58% of teenage girls discuss pregnancy with their partners, compared to 30% in the UK.

Roger Ingham, who has done comparative studies of the two countries for the Centre for Sexual Health Research at the University of Southampton, says openness is the answer.

"If anything, as the results from recent assessments of sex education make clear, earlier and more open sex education is likely to lead to improved sexual health through more competent interactions."

LINK

Having the chance to make informed choices is proven (as per Holland's example) as the best route to take. I utterly agree, it's ignorance and misinformation that lead our children into having unsafe sex. Ignorance that is perpetrated by the vile and bigoted.

So you think people who believe in sex within marriage are vile bigoted people.

Really, google the teenage pregnancy rate of Holland, one of the lowest and yet the most open about sex.

Teenage pregnancy is about ignorance encouraged by vile little men like you.

And you Zaytsev think it is all-right to rob children of their childhood innocence and anyone who disagrees with you is vile.

That sounds like a very bigoted view.

And you Zaytsev think it is all-right to rob children of their childhood innocence and anyone who disagrees with you is vile.

That sounds like a very bigoted view.

No, grahame. You're thinking of (certain) catholic priests (the subject of the thread) there.

Innocence is not ignorance. Education is not bigotry.

Only if they also encourage bigotry and vileness

I was replying to PT who talks of children having unsafe sex. Notice the word 'children' in the context of the thread.

Apparently PT agrees with children having sex provided it is safe. My apologias if I am wrong.

Personally I think sex is best enjoyed within a married relationship, but that is my view and I realise peoples opinions are different. However PT is saying that because I hold that view I am a vile bigoted person. See below.

Having the chance to make informed choices is proven (as per Holland's example) as the best route to take. I utterly agree, it's ignorance and misinformation that lead our children into having unsafe sex. Ignorance that is perpetrated by the vile and bigoted.

The Catholic church is wrong and if the facts as presented are correct then it is guilty of a cover up.

When did I say differently?

Likewise all paedophilia is wrong which is a fact people seem to be ignoring, but that is prejudice for you.

Sorry...I didn't mean to imply you did suggest you said differently...it's just the thread seems such a mess my request was more about pinning the answer rather than trawling all the thread.

If the church (which is an extension of the teachings) is guilty of a cover up does this in anyway play on your faith?

Yes paedophilia is wrong and from what I've read on this thread nobody has denied that. What seems to be happening is...the church is actually using paedophilia and it's wider implications such as homosexuality etc to mask the real problem and in this case, that is blatant hypocrisy. It not only covers up it's past but it actually participates in protecting it's offenders.

Paedophilia isn't on trial here...it's the act of protecting that is. No other establishment is guilty of that (with the exception of maybe the odd case here and there)

I was replying to PT who talks of children having unsafe sex. Notice the word 'children' in the context of the thread.

Apparently PT agrees with children having sex provided it is safe. My apologias if I am wrong.

Personally I think sex is best enjoyed within a married relationship, but that is my view and I realise peoples opinions are different. However PT is saying that because I hold that view I am a vile bigoted person. See below.

No, PT agrees with children being educated about sexual matters.

I also think she's saying (along with many others) that sex is best enjoyed between consenting adults, and it's defining it in terms of heterosexual marriage rather than consenting adults that makes you bigoted

Archived