Catholic Church links gay men to paedophilia

No, PT agrees with children being educated about sexual matters.

I also think she's saying (along with many others) that sex is best enjoyed between consenting adults, and it's defining it in terms of heterosexual marriage rather than consenting adults that makes you bigoted

So robbing children of their childhood innocence and having multiple partners of both sexes is all-right, and anyone who disagrees is a vile bigot. (Remember the subject of the thread)

I would really like PT to reply which is something she is very able to do. Thank you.

Then let the law deal with it.

You may have made a good point there, perhaps you should be blaming the police for failing massively in their duty for years and years, in all the countries around the world.

(My bold.)

Unless the police were 'holding a gun to the head' of priests, forcing them to abuse children, the police are blameless. The abusers are to blame full stop.

Perhaps police failure to act was due in no small way to the abuse being covered up by a rich and powerful organisation, dontchyathink?

So are you making excuses for the paedophiles or those who attacked them or both?

The mob were not attacking only paedophiles. They were attacking anybody they suspected. I'm pretty sure that I remember hearing that a paediatrician had been attacked.

So robbing children of their childhood innocence and having multiple partners of both sexes is all-right, and anyone who disagrees is a vile bigot. (Remember the subject of the thread)

I would really like PT to reply which is something she is very able to do. Thank you.

Graheme, educating someone is not robbing them of their innocence, raping them however, is. And, yes, I would say that anyone who equates education with rape (remember the subject of the thread) is vile

Ignorance is not innocence.

You read about rapes in the newspapers, but I wouldn't know the percentage I agree. But even so with the numbers involved I can't believe the police didn't get to know about it.

Added.

About 40% of rapes are reported to the police.

"Reporting to Police

* 60% of sexual assaults are not reported to the police.

* Reporting has increased by 1/3 since 1993."

"At least 47,000 adult women are raped every year in the UK." Not one by a paedophile priest.

(My bold.)

:huh:How do they know? (...if they aren't reported!:loopy:):confused:

...and not all reported rapes are genuine.

>snip<

Personally I think sex is best enjoyed within a married relationship, but that is my view and I realise peoples opinions are different.

>snip<

On what do you base that view? Unless you've experienced every type of sex, you're (at best) guessing.

I was replying to PT who talks of children having unsafe sex. Notice the word 'children' in the context of the thread.

Apparently PT agrees with children having sex provided it is safe. My apologias if I am wrong.

Personally I think sex is best enjoyed within a married relationship, but that is my view and I realise peoples opinions are different. However PT is saying that because I hold that view I am a vile bigoted person. See below.

I'll tell you what, I agree that you are an utter dolt!

Firstly, I think that many of the opinions you hold are vile and bigoted, in the extreme, certainly.

Secondly I don't agree with children having sex, but unlike you, I am big enough and ugly enough to realise that some do have sex. and my ideal would be that if we can't stop them, then we need to ensure that if they are having sex, that the sensible option would be that they have safe sex, and aren't exposing themselves to STIs or unplanned pregnancies.

What I find vile and bigoted about your opinion is that your beliefs would not permit the kids to be able to talk to we parents, without fear about sex and sex matters, and that they can be confident that they will get the right information to protect themselves.

If children arent taught the facts of life, frankly and age-appropriately, how are they expected to protect themselves?

Sorry...I didn't mean to imply you did suggest you said differently...it's just the thread seems such a mess my request was more about pinning the answer rather than trawling all the thread.

If the church (which is an extension of the teachings) is guilty of a cover up does this in anyway play on your faith?

Yes paedophilia is wrong and from what I've read on this thread nobody has denied that. What seems to be happening is...the church is actually using paedophilia and it's wider implications such as homosexuality etc to mask the real problem and in this case, that is blatant hypocrisy. It not only covers up it's past but it actually participates in protecting it's offenders.

Paedophilia isn't on trial here...it's the act of protecting that is. No other establishment is guilty of that (with the exception of maybe the odd case here and there)

Regarding my faith. I follow the teaching of Jesus who said categorically not to harm children. If people do the opposite and harm children they are not following the Christian path and they shouldn't be calling themselves Christians. What they did taints the rest of us and I side with the atheists on this issue who are appalled by it because so am I.

However in my view there is another and better path which is to follow the teaching of Jesus as he taught it. :)

I'll tell you what, I agree that you are an utter dolt!

Firstly, I think that many of the opinions you hold are vile and bigoted, in the extreme, certainly.

Secondly I don't agree with children having sex, but unlike you, I am big enough and ugly enough to realise that some do have sex. and my ideal would be that if we can't stop them, then we need to ensure that if they are having sex, that the sensible option would be that they have safe sex, and aren't exposing themselves to STIs or unplanned pregnancies.

What I find vile and bigoted about your opinion is that your beliefs would not permit the kids to be able to talk to we parents, without fear about sex and sex matters, and that they can be confident that they will get the right information to protect themselves.

If children arent taught the facts of life, frankly and age-appropriately, how are they expected to protect themselves?

PT you have no right to say that. That is an absolutely vile misrepresentation. Parents should be the ones their children turn to. You can take that right back.

Archived