Catholic Church links gay men to paedophilia

Graheme, educating someone is not robbing them of their innocence, raping them however, is. And, yes, I would say that anyone who equates education with rape (remember the subject of the thread) is vile

Ignorance is not innocence.

A child is born innocent. Educating a child about the millions of Jews gassed in Nazi Germany robs a child of its innocence regarding the horrors of war. However although the child is no longer ignorant of those facts I'm not sure the child should have it rammed down their throats until it is old enough and mature enough to handle it, likewise for any subject.

A child is born innocent. Educating a child about the millions of Jews gassed in Nazi Germany robs a child of its innocence regarding the horrors of war. However although the child is no longer ignorant of those facts I'm not sure the child should have it rammed down their throats until it is old enough and mature enough to handle it, likewise for any subject.

What? So knowing about, your example, the gassing of jews, makes one guilty of that?

Nobody on this thread has said anything should be rammed down the throats of young children.

Regarding my faith. I follow the teaching of Jesus who said categorically not to harm children. If people do the opposite and harm children they are not following the Christian path and they shouldn't be calling themselves Christians. What they did taints the rest of us and I side with the atheists on this issue who are appalled by it because so am I.

Clearly a sincerely held view of yours Grahame, which I feel most folk would agree with. Any decent person is appalled by paedophilia.

Does your viewpoint, that anyone who harms a child should not call themselves a Christian, also extend to those within the Roman Catholic church hierarchy, who shielded paedophile priests from the law, and simply moved these abusing priests to other parishes - where they continued to abuse and rape children? Are these no longer Christians in your eyes because they failed to protect children?

What? So knowing about, your example, the gassing of jews, makes one guilty of that?

Nobody on this thread has said anything should be rammed down the throats of young children.

Sex education is rammed down the throats of children whether they are ready for it or not. It used to be the case that a child would ask its mother where babies came from and by responding to the child's questions the mother taught the child at their own pace. Now it is taken out of the hands of the parents by the schools.

Whether you like it or not it is a fact that people have different ethical values and I am very sure I would not want any child of mine being told some of the things I read on here.

Sex education is rammed down the throats of children whether they are ready for it or not. It used to be the case that a child would ask its mother where babies came from and by responding to the child's questions the mother taught the child at their own pace. Now it is taken out of the hands of the parents by the schools.

Whether you like it or not it is a fact that people have different ethical values and I am very sure I would not want any child of mine being told some of the things I read on here.

I'd guess that playground gossip about sex is also a big influence upon children when they are at school, isn't it important that the school tries to balance out these rumours and halft ruths?

Archived