Catholic Church links gay men to paedophilia

If you were the Pope, and you read these comments, would you want those people in the church?

Thats exactly what im talking about. You and the pope are contradicting yourselves because 'people who talk about sex' (which i have no clue why this is a bad thing) shouldnt be allowed to go to church but he allows paedophiles to work for him and harm children and not do one thing about it. Infact relocate them to a new area where know one knows they are a danger to harm more children.

You sound crazy. Whats wrong with talking about sex anyway?

As a kid in the boy scouts I remember three of us chucked it in because one of the leaders was "after us" We reckoned he was "queer"

However that's the way people thought back then. I dont think homosexuality is the same as paedophilia whatsoever and it's misguided of the catholic church to say so. But then again their knowledge of sexual bahaviour has always been abysmal

Thats exactly what im talking about. You and the pope are contradicting yourselves because 'people who talk about sex' (which i have no clue why this is a bad thing) shouldnt be allowed to go to church but he allows paedophiles to work for him and harm children and not do one thing about it. Infact relocate them to a new area where know one knows they are a danger to harm more children.

You sound crazy. Whats wrong with talking about sex anyway?

Apart from what happened in the Catholic Church it seems to be a case of "anything goes."

If you were the Pope, and you read these comments, would you want those people in the church?

You don't get it do you. Deviance in a sociological context describes actions or behaviours that violate cultural norms. It is not normal to practice sexual abstention in our society, most people get married, and enjoy their loving relationship. Therefore it could be argued that sexual abstention is a form of sexual deviant behaviour.

I haven't commented upon the ins and outs of your decision because it is none of my business, as other peoples sexual choices in their life is no one else's business apart from their own.

You don't get it do you. Deviance in a sociological context describes actions or behaviours that violate cultural norms. It is not normal to practice sexual abstention in our society, most people get married, and enjoy their loving relationship. Therefore it could be argued that sexual abstention is a form of sexual deviant behaviour.

I haven't commented upon the ins and outs of your decision because it is none of my business, as other peoples sexual choices in their life is no one else's business apart from their own.

People aren't talking about normal married life though, or those who for one reason or another find themselves on their own.

Apart from what happened in the Catholic Church it seems to be a case of "anything goes."

Yes anything does go and can go between two (or more) consenting adults? Whats wrong with that, its legal. Its non of anyones business what they want to do in their bedroom in their own home.

Yes anything does go and can go between two (or more) consenting adults? Whats wrong with that, its legal. Its non of anyones business what they want to do in their bedroom in their own home.

Now there you go. I reckon that is the slippery slope. As G. K. Chesterton said, "To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it."

Now there you go. I reckon that is the slippery slope. As G. K. Chesterton said, "To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it."

So what are you getting at?

You dont believe in masterbation?

You dont believe in oral sex?

You dont believe in 'putting it in the back door'?

Ok fair enough but you cant call people deviants or put them on par with paedophiles for wanting to do those things.

Archived