Should all dog owners be made to carry clean up kits?

Being a dog owner myself I think sheffield council should make it compulsary for all dog walkers to carry clean up kits and anyone found walking a dog without one should be fined £100.

Discuss.

What about cat owners?

What about horse riders?

What about cat owners?

What about horse riders?

Never seen anyone walking a cat but if they do yes.

Horse owners should be required to clean up aswell.

However you have not answered the thread topic.

eg "dog owners" which is by far the bigger problem.

Being a dog owner myself I think sheffield council should make it compulsary for all dog walkers to carry clean up kits and anyone found walking a dog without one should be fined £100.

Discuss.

I always get my butler to do it whenever I take my pedigree Bulldog for a walk.

Never seen anyone walking a cat but if they do yes.

Horse owners should be required to clean up aswell.

However you have not answered the thread topic.

eg "dog owners" which is by far the bigger problem.

In answer to the question, no.

Then you'd be discriminating against dog owners. Cats and horses are worse, cats come and do it in your garden and horses leave their stuff all over the road.

Every dog owner I know already carries bags- do you really propose a stop and search policy for all dog owners to check whether they've got a suitable poo container in their pockets?

Yes.

I saw this happening in New York and never saw one bit of dog crap anywhere.

I am a responsible dog owner myself but the ammount on our streets shows not everyone thinks the same way.

Every dog owner I know already carries bags- do you really propose a stop and search policy for all dog owners to check whether they've got a suitable poo container in their pockets?

Like you, Medusa, I am a responsible owner. I certainly carry a wodge of "scoopy-bags" with me, whether the dog's with me or not!

I definitely wouldn't leave my dog's poop in the street , if she had an "accident" (I do try to ensure she's poo'd on the garden, before she goes outside, but the occasional accident will happen, so I have the scoopy-bags with me, just in case, as any responsible owner will.

Archived