Should all dog owners be made to carry clean up kits?

i do...but sometimes have a couple in mi pocket when i dont...lol

I actually find carrying a plastic bag around with you is a very good idea, even if you don't have a dog. You can use it to put things in, or for something to sit on if the ground if wet. I'm sure it could be used as a toilet as well, although I've never tried.

Would anyone like to vote for me on the single issue of IT SHOULD BE THE LAW TO CARRY A PLASTIC BAG WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES?

I actually find carrying a plastic bag around with you is a very good idea, even if you don't have a dog. You can use it to put things in, or for something to sit on if the ground if wet. I'm sure it could be used as a toilet as well, although I've never tried.

Would anyone like to vote for me on the single issue of IT SHOULD BE THE LAW TO CARRY A PLASTIC BAG WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES?

Not too sure about the going toilet bit, the size of some of the rear ends you see walking about now a bin liner would be more suitable.:D.

Not too sure about the going toilet bit, the size of some of the rear ends you see walking about now a bin liner would be more suitable.:D.

No, but when you need something to go to the toilet on size doesn't matter. Otherwise people would have different sized toilet seats. It's more about aiming in the right place.

(I think maybe we should change the subject, it's getting a bit graphic :help::help::help:)

Being a dog owner myself I think sheffield council should make it compulsary for all dog walkers to carry clean up kits and anyone found walking a dog without one should be fined £100.

Discuss.

Classic! - A typically British approach to the solution ... and once it's imposed, there will be a host of people complaining about 'the government interfering in our lives yet again.'

Every dog owner I know already carries bags- do you really propose a stop and search policy for all dog owners to check whether they've got a suitable poo container in their pockets?

Yes.

With a warrant? How long do you think it would be before the courts were clogged with suits alleging an infringement of Article 8 of the UK Human Rights Act?

I saw this happening in New York and never saw one bit of dog crap anywhere.

I am a responsible dog owner myself but the ammount on our streets shows not everyone thinks the same way.

How many people did you see walking around the streets of New York taking Fido 'Walkies'?

Around here, there are stainless-steel bins with bag dispensers above them. The bags are bio-degradable. There is no shortage of poop bins or poop bags. Nor is there a charge for the poop bags. (They're not free... they're paid for through the rates, but given that my annual council tax is about £200 and it has to pay for quite a lot, I doubt that the bags are particularly expensive.)

Most people pick up after their dogs.

Being a dog owner myself I think sheffield council should make it compulsary for all dog walkers to carry clean up kits and anyone found walking a dog without one should be fined £100.

Discuss.

Agreed. I think this is a better way of raising revenue to help clean up our streets, without taxing the responsible dog owners.

What a load of rubbish!

There are responsible dog owners who will allways clean up after their dogs........fact. There are also a load of dog owners who will never clean up after their dogs......also a Fact!

To try and enforce a law which makes people carry "clean up kits" whenever they walk their dogs would not only be costly to enforce but an invasion of the privacy of anybody who dares to walk a dog!

I for one would not welcome somebody approaching me and asking me to turn my pockets out and prove that I am able to clear up after my dog should I need to! Why should I be placed in that position? Why should I have to prove that I can clear up after my dog before my dog has even committed a "crime"? It would be a bit like accusing me of not being able to clear my name of a sin........before any sin had happened!

As for wasting public money.....this has to take the biscuit!

Public resources aren't an endless pot of cash. There are far more important things to worry about which I personally would rather see my taxes being spent on. Dog poo is a nuisance which has been around forever but throwing precious cash at it won't solve the problem. As I have allready said.....there are responsible and irresponsible dog owners and that will never change no matter how much cash is thrown at the problem. There are allready laws in place which will fine a dog owner that doesn't clean up after their dog........if they are caught!

Maybe we should deploy our boys in blue to go out in force and check out every single dog walker in the country. Even if the dog walkers can produce the required "kit", who's to say they will use it? :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Yes

We always take out some bags to scoop up the dog poo from our greyhound....Quite a few do in fact clean up after their dogs.

Before winter in stocksbridge some of the pavements were caked in dog poo, im not talking one or 2, but dozens.....kept thinking about if a kid picked it up, or how to dodge it all with a 3 wheel pram :P.

The snow came and when it thawed washed all the poo away, but was nasty to see.

Stocksbridge residents please clean up after your doggies :)

We have a public footpath behind our house, with a large grassed area, dog walkers love it.

Yesterday we nearly took a photo, a dog walker was actually cleaning up after their dog it was such a shock.

I choose not to have a dog so I don't have to clean up etc but I don't expect people to walk just behind my garden let their dogs do their mess and leave it it will stink in summer and I dare not think what will happen when the council come to cut the grass!!!

Discuss.

Yes they should!!!

I went running in Graves Park last night and came home with a lump of dog poo stuck to my trainer. How many children have to suffer this whilst playing there?

If you have a dog, then don't be selfish, it takes 2 seconds to pick up it's poo!!!

S8 Norton residents: CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR DOG!!!

Grrrr

Archived