Should all dog owners be made to carry clean up kits?

Never seen anyone walking a cat but if they do yes.

Horse owners should be required to clean up aswell.

However you have not answered the thread topic.

eg "dog owners" which is by far the bigger problem.

Horse poo is manure, its just grass so cleaning it up would be a bit ridiculous. Cat and dog poo is based on meat and is dangerous for people thats why its offensive.

We have a public footpath behind our house, with a large grassed area, dog walkers love it.

Yesterday we nearly took a photo, a dog walker was actually cleaning up after their dog it was such a shock.

I choose not to have a dog so I don't have to clean up etc but I don't expect people to walk just behind my garden let their dogs do their mess and leave it it will stink in summer and I dare not think what will happen when the council come to cut the grass!!!

Well, if it's poo, it should biodegrade, and merge with the soil, before long.

So what exactly would a clean-up kit contain? Just poo bags? If so all responsible dog owners carry these, the not so responsible owners probably won't even bother to read this thread! I've seen people in wheelchairs managing to poop a scoop so there's no excuse for anyone not to.

I was walking my 5 the other week when there was a woman in front (I presume she was a so called 'proffessional dog walker' with 10 dogs, all off lead. Not only could she not control them all, they were all pooing here, there and everywhere including slap bang in the middle of the path in front of her. She conveniently enough didn't seem to notice this and just carried on walking! I say so called proffessional because of the lack of responsibility (and pooper-scooping!) to other people and the dogs she had, as who on earth can safely contol 10 off lead dogs?

Nonsense. Cat sh*t is utterly vile, but cats aren't like dogs and go anywhere, independently of their owners.

Indeed, judging by some of the comments you'd imagine some people have never ever seen or interacted with one!

Horse manure is completely benign, doesn't smell unpleasant and has no associated health risks. It makes great fertiliser.

I quite like the smell. In my experience people shoot out of their houses to scoop it up for their gardens so it's not really an issue. As you say, it's completely harmless.

Archived