The Leaders Debate Megathread

Can't be that many firms like that left in Sheff? I worked for a steel firm a few years ago who also made nuclear components .... (I was rather upset when they showed me round after I'd got the job!)

Anyway - I enjoyed that debate - def think it was good for shaking the electorate up (that includes me).

Still going to vote Labour in the General and Green in the Local though.

I was undecided who to vote for and was leaning towards Lib Dems but discussions with her did push me that way I admit.:D

Political students are good at debating :)

The problem i find is the hatred for the cons up here. I have never looked into this areas imemdiate past and what happened with the pits etc. I am looking at what I see today, ..... at work I get a few people bemused by my liking for the cons and wont listen as to why, and all they mention is the pits and strikes etc.

According to the breaking after debate poll results, Clegg was comfortably the overall winner of the debate. I thought he came over very well, nice touch, using the questioners names and locating them in the audience. He held it together nicely. Cameron, not sure he might be all style and no substance although I think his heart's in the right place. Brown ... please just go away from the public gaze and give us all a break! :)

personally i think that instead of saying they are cutting tax credits they should concentrate on the benefits that need cuttiong like for people are fit and healthy but just cant be bothered to go to work. These people make me sick i am a mother of 2 expecting my 3rd child and have been in the same job since before my 1st child was born and intend to go back as soon as my maternity leave is over however i will say that if they stop working tax credits i will not return as it wont be worth me going to work and having to pay full rent council tax etc whilst all the lazy sods sit at home and have it paid.

Archived