The Leaders Debate Megathread

A lot of talk and promises but why should we trust?

I don't blame labour for our mess as I don't believe any other government would of done any better.

Experience is with brown, cameron is idle and clegg; knows what to say to please, but looks out of his depth.

Like bankers these parties can't be trusted but we have to vote. Non voters are critisised as they aren't making an effort to make a difference but can we blame them?

Is it time for the smaller parties to come out and shine to win the neutral votes?

I dont think Clegg looked out of his depth at all. He looked very calm and collected.

Experience is with brown, cameron is idle and clegg; knows what to say to please, but looks out of his depth.
I really don't know how you can say that, Clegg looked extremely at ease and stood his ground very well, imo. Brown always looks ill at ease and rumpled, he comes over very badly in our personality obsessed age, and he was obviously bad at being both Chancellor and PM, as witnessed by the state the country's in now, due to his financial ministrations.

I really don't know how you can say that, Clegg looked extremely at ease and stood his ground very well, imo. Brown always looks ill at ease and rumpled, he comes over very badly in our personality obsessed age, and he was obviously bad at being both Chancellor and PM, as witnessed by the state the country's in now, due to his financial ministrations.

This I agree with.

Do people think Clegg is a future PM?

Clegg actually answered questions rather than spout the party line

he said where he was going to find the money to pay for things and what was going to be cut, like the entire tier of management from the NHS, the others were not so forthcoming

at the end Cameron and Brown were saying "I agree with Nick" a lot, shame they didn't do that before parliament was dissolved when he proposed the recall of corrupt MP's by their constituents

I could see Clegg as the next PM

the only thing that's stopping it is people thinking they don't stand a chance and not voting for them, which will always be a self fulfilling prophecy

it's not a two horse race any more

I think Brown looked quite happy actually he smiled a lot he didn't seem ruffled. He just didn't debate on the whole. He made speeches. Cameron was asked questions by both Clegg and Brown but didn't answer them. They were the questions I wanted the answers to as well. Brown has a blind eye so he isn't going to look wide eyed and alert and is never going to win a beauty contest. I'm fed up about people talking about looks. It doesn't matter what they look like its what they will do that matters.

Archived