The Leaders Debate Megathread

I must admit that I tuned in to the debate, mainly to hear Cameron and what he had to say. But the man of the night in my opinon was Nick Clegg. Without question!

Before last night, the man was a non-entity in my eyes and has been portrayed in the media as being a bit of a joke. Admittedly, that helped me form an opinion of him, but Im so glad that I was proved wrong last night.

If I was made to go and cast my vote last night, based on what I saw and heard on the debate, then my vote would have most definitely gone to the LibDems.

I found that Brown and Cameron argued between themselves like petty school boys, (how many times did Brown giggle like a kid and look a fool when his party were pulled down by Clegg and Cameron? On two occasions he prattled on to Cameron about the Conservatives election posters???!!!)

Brown stood there looking uncomfortable, he kept repeating himself, at one point an insult was made about Labour MP's to which Brown laughed and not once did he stand tall and look at either Clegg or Cameron as they spoke.

In my opinion, Brown looked defeated, and I felt embarrassed that he is the leader of our country.

In my opinion, Brown looked defeated, and I felt embarrassed that he is the leader of our country.

He was the leader. Parliament has been disolved until the election.

Cleg won the debate by a mile.

Sorry to be a pedant, but it's not a debate they can win or lose. It's just electioneering. The winning and losing will be decided later. I will agree with the grander picture though; Clegg came away smelling better than he did before.

He was the leader. Parliament has been disolved until the election.

Sorry to be a pedant, but it's not a debate they can win or lose. It's just electioneering. The winning and losing will be decided later. I will agree with the grander picture though; Clegg came away smelling better than he did before.

If you're going to be a pedant, get it right: he is he leader. Cabinet positions are maintained until the next lot take over (so Darling is still Chancellor etc).

I thought Brown did OK really, Clegg was easily the best of the three. What surprised me was just how poorly Cammo came across. I was delighted because I really thought he'd walk it when, in fact, he was red faced, smarmy and vacuous.

His anecdotes were priceless: a forty year old black man who had been in the navy for thirty years (whose opinion on immigration was obviously correct, being black and all). He then referred to this hero as 'she'.

I must admit that I tuned in to the debate, mainly to hear Cameron and what he had to say. But the man of the night in my opinon was Nick Clegg. Without question!

Before last night, the man was a non-entity in my eyes and has been portrayed in the media as being a bit of a joke. Admittedly, that helped me form an opinion of him, but Im so glad that I was proved wrong last night.

If I was made to go and cast my vote last night, based on what I saw and heard on the debate, then my vote would have most definitely gone to the LibDems.

I found that Brown and Cameron argued between themselves like petty school boys, (how many times did Brown giggle like a kid and look a fool when his party were pulled down by Clegg and Cameron? On two occasions he prattled on to Cameron about the Conservatives election posters???!!!)

Brown stood there looking uncomfortable, he kept repeating himself, at one point an insult was made about Labour MP's to which Brown laughed and not once did he stand tall and look at either Clegg or Cameron as they spoke.

Yes

it is a shame that the media have such a huge influence over how we are supposed to think in this country, but when you get to meet Nick Clegg in person he is really just as you saw him last night.A genuine bloke.

I have heard him speak in Sheffield and he is exactly the same.

you know I've spent the morning reading through this thread, and from what I understand of the majority of posts, the consensus is that Clegg should come out of the GE with his head held high.

BUT.

People are too scared to vote for him. Why?

Often I read in these posts the words "Clegg came across well but they are never going to get enough votes"

If all the people trusted themselves enough, they would vote, and it would be fair.

I watched this with interest as I am what you might term a floating voter. I have still to decide how my precious vote will be used, but I can tell you with hand on my heart I will vote on the team I think will serve the country best. Not what they look like, whether or not they have experience, but what I think is best for my country.

I suggest you write down what you want from your government, and see how each measures up. And stand up for what you want with your vote. Its your country, they work for us. And for goodness sake get some balls.

Archived