The Leaders Debate Megathread

I'm actually really liking Nick Clegg here, I think he's doing well. This also makes me uneasy as I dont really want my next PM to be 'good on telly', I want him to be a good PM!

This is why I like Brown, I like the fact he's obviously not tried (or if he has, he's failed miserably) to 'glam up' for this debate in terms of his delivery etc. I get the feeling he's 'too busy running the country' for this type of thing. I think he's had a hard time since becoming PM, and may not have deserved to be PM in the first place, but I dont see that anyone else would have done any better in his place.

Every time Cameron opens his mouth I get the unstoppable urge to shout at the TV as if he can hear me, and cant help but think I'd never tire of slapping him.

Clegg keeps making good points, answering the questions instead of deflecting, looks comfortable, he's making the other two look amateurish - I'm finding it hard to think why I wouldn't want him as my next PM, even if he is also good on the telly!

I'm actually really liking Nick Clegg here, I think he's doing well. This also makes me uneasy as I dont really want my next PM to be 'good on telly', I want him to be a good PM!

This is why I like Brown, I like the fact he's obviously not tried (or if he has, he's failed miserably) to 'glam up' for this debate in terms of his delivery etc. I get the feeling he's 'too busy running the country' for this type of thing. I think he's had a hard time since becoming PM, and may not have deserved to be PM in the first place, but I dont see that anyone else would have done any better in his place.

Every time Cameron opens his mouth I get the unstoppable urge to shout at the TV as if he can hear me, and cant help but think I'd never tire of slapping him.

Clegg keeps making good points, answering the questions instead of deflecting, looks comfortable, he's making the other two look amateurish - I'm finding it hard to think why I wouldn't want him as my next PM, even if he is also good on the telly!

You didnt mentioned the weasel Mandelson.....was that really a good move by brown?

I feel that Clegg is making some really good points - from a position of honesty - he is saying what a lot of people think (ie Cameron is representing overprivileged toffs). I still think Libs will not be able to 'go forth and prepare for Government' but I hope that they do play a large part in this election - and maybe these debates will contribute to people thinking they are actually an important force. Hell - I'd vote for them if I thought it might make a difference. In my ward it is Labour all the way (and I will find it difficult to change my habits of a lifetime).

I feel that Clegg is making some really good points - from a position of honesty - he is saying what a lot of people think (ie Cameron is representing overprivileged toffs). I still think Libs will not be able to 'go forth and prepare for Government' but I hope that they do play a large part in this election - and maybe these debates will contribute to people thinking they are actually an important force. Hell - I'd vote for them if I thought it might make a difference. In my ward it is Labour all the way (and I will find it difficult to change my habits of a lifetime).

It will only make a difference when people stop thinking like this.

Archived