Looking for a Gym!!!!

MandyR

At the moment im a member of Sam Jones Gym at Crystal Peaks but it doesnt have a pool which i really want now. Can anyone recommend a good gym with pool? im not too bothered where it is city centre or ecclesall would be ideal!!!:thumbsup:

Virgin has the best pool so I am told!!

Many others like Esporta have small leisure pools but not the sort of pool you can lane swim in!!

Have a look around at the council deals too - Hillsborough and Graves have leisure/gym membership for the gym facilities and pools etc

:thumbsup:

I prefer Virgin for having better facilities overall but I think Greens has a bigger pool.

Seems more like an old fashioned leisure centre tho.. virgin has a more luxurious feel and I love going into the spa after my swim.

If you avoid the peaktime rush in the pool its fine.

Originally posted by Shiesh

Many others like Esporta have small leisure pools but not the sort of pool you can lane swim in!!

Rubbish! I use the pool in Esporta for lane swimming several times a week. Okay, so the lanes aren't as long as a full olympic-sized pool, but they're generally a lot quieter than any other pool I've used. At certain times of day, it's not uncommon to have a lane to yourself, and there's the added bonus of the steam room/sauna/jacuzzi and very few kids.

Originally posted by AstroKath

Rubbish! I use the pool in Esporta for lane swimming several times a week. Okay, so the lanes aren't as long as a full olympic-sized pool, but they're generally a lot quieter than any other pool I've used. At certain times of day, it's not uncommon to have a lane to yourself, and there's the added bonus of the steam room/sauna/jacuzzi and very few kids.

Yeh its great when you have the whole place to yourself its like your own personal club.:)

Many times at 9.30 on saturday night I have been the only person in.

Infact I once had the whole gym to myself .

Thats what I like about Esporta pick your times and it is really quiet.

Infact I have never had to que for a machine that makes it worth paying more for imo

Originally posted by AstroKath

Very few kids?????????

Try going early evening or at anytime on a weekend and it's full of kids.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by eddies32

Very few kids?????????

Try going early evening or at anytime on a weekend and it's full of kids.

Why go early evening when you can have peace and tranquility after 8pm?

Admittedly, there are more kids in the holidays and at weekends, but they stick to the open section, and I stick to the lanes. If the noise got too bad, I'd be tempted to add some earplugs, but to be honest I don't find it a problem. Plus, the changing room has a family/adults only segregation system (in the ladies... I've no idea what happens in the gents!)

Archived