Do Celebrity endorsements of political parties make any difference?

Only to very shallow, superficially minded people who have no thoughts or opinions of their own.

"Oooh look, X supports Party A. I like X, therefore I must support Party A too".

Even sheep have more clearly formed opinions than that.

Thankfully, most of those "special" individuals will be sitting on their sofa, eating pizza and watching the Jeremy Kyle show while the rest of us are voting.

Only to very shallow, superficially minded people who have no thoughts or opinions of their own.

"Oooh look, X supports Party A. I like X, therefore I must support Party A too".

Even sheep have more clearly formed opinions than that.

Thankfully, most of those "special" individuals will be sitting on their sofa, eating pizza and watching the Jeremy Kyle show while the rest of us are voting.

I hope you're right.

i cant see how some so called celeb voting for a party effects my vote, maybe it would sway the yopunger element but not some one who has a mind of their own

take a pop star , uses drugs,goes out pertying what does that have to do with how i vote ,celebs are supposed to be role models ,most of them are just spaced out and influence our kids with their way of life,the kids can never achieve the sort of status they have so they try to copy them ,hence the drug problem

To be honest if Keith Chegwin came out for the Tories it could well put Cameron into number ten.

Did you read that here?....

".... My source at Westminster confirms that Cheggers, Noel Edmonds, Paul Daniels and even the Churchill dog could also be recruited by the Tory leader. Ohhhh yes!"

Link: http://the-daily-pundit.blogspot.com/2008/07/camerons-secret-weapon-simon-cowell.html

Cheggers for the Tories? More likely to put Cameron OUT of No 10..... for ever! :hihi:

Of course some celebrity endorsements can backfire.

Enjoy once again shrill angry Tory

Yes she was vile wasn't she.

Perhaps it was pre menstrual tension, but instead of Cameron on the leaders debate, we ought to have Carol Vorderman doing her Sarah Palin impression.

No I was just wondering if celebrity endorsements made any difference, as I remember in the 1980s various members of the acting and creative professions coming out in favour of Labour. When they did so, the press were furious, labelling them as 'labour's luvvies'. The tories weren't that pleased either - they only had Cilla Black, Jimmy Tarbuck, Frank Bruno and Jim Davidson. :gag:

Archived