Abbeydale Primary school. Whats it like?

Hi Cryinglion,

I know this post is old, but we're thinking about moving to netheredge.

We'd really love to be able to chat to someone about netheredge school. Was wondering if you still available for chat?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm really hoping someone can help :)

My little girl is starting Nether Edge Primary in September and now I hate to admit but I'm more than a little worried.

It's our catchment school having moved to Nether Edge in February, the latest Ofsted was 'good' so I didn't give applying there a second thought. I noticed more and more children around where we live walking in a different direction in the morning and not going to the local school. After some googling I'm freaking out slightly at different forums saying my child will be bullied for being the minority, will be over looked, will be at a disadvantage etc.

I'm worried that what now feels like an uninformed decision on my part will change her life and possibly who she is for the worse. I apologise if that sounds dramatic. I had always just thought kids were kids and the colour of our skin didn't matter but from what I've been reading it does matter. I even read somewhere, can't remember where now, that the old head used to discourage white families. That's so worrying. I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance. I never thought this would be an issue. Thanks in advance :)

I've got your message but I'm too new to reply.

Is there any way at all you could pm an email address. I'm sure you can understand I'm eager to talk more.

Thank you so much.

---------- Post added 20-05-2014 at 12:00 ----------

Thanks. Have emailed you :)

i went there a a kid...lol

So did I !

The school wqas old and a little run down when I was there as a child, they had prefabs in the playground that used to leak when it rained. High vaulted ceilings in classrooms that were always cold in winter. The building looks the same from the outside as it did when I was a child heaven knows what it's like now.