Are vegan females less fertile ?

Where is this 'documented'? I've read up on this issue a fair bit in the past and the studies seemed to show that vegetarians were at least as healthy as meat eaters. If there have been developments since then I'd love to learn of them.

What all vegan women will with no exceptions? You have evidence of this do you?

Is this top secret evidence or are we allowed to see it?

My vegan friend had no such cravings when she was pregnant with her son, and ate a healthy and varied vegan diet.

She successfully breast-fed him whilst still adhering to her veganism, and when he was weaned, he was weaned onto a vegan diet.

This child is now ten. His parents are still vegan (and were vegan long-term prior to my friend conceiving her son), and he still eats a vegan diet. He is well, and he is thriving, both physically and intellectually. He is neither underweight nor overweight. his health seems not to suffer. If anything, this child does not seem to have anything like the amount of illnesses an omnivorous child has.

Any diet can be healthy, be it meat-eating, vegetarian, vegan... provided the right balance of carbohydrates, fats and proteins, etc., is reached, and the right amount of calories is eaten.

With regard to the actual topic of "are vegan women less fertile..?"

I would like to put forward my theory...

That it's maybe that vegan women (well, couples, I suppose) don't have as many children as other families because they are concerned about adding to the numbers of people populating the planet? maybe it's them, taking seriously their wish not to impact on the planet's resources?

A vegan woman with child will experience cravings for meat and dairy products,

Have you any credible evidence for this or is it unsubstantiated assumption on your part?

I'm glad you asked Halibut, yes I have.

Lets see it then.

Have you given up on this one then?

Archived