My partner's stuck in Spain

am due to fly to corfu 2 weeks on monday and thats been booked since last year, just hope it all clears up so we can all get on with our holidays and what not

Thing is, and I don't want to sound pessimistic, but you could fly out with no problem, and then find out that the wind changes back to our direction and/or the volcano erupts again. Then you're stuck.

Without wanting to sound like the Prophet of Doom...

The best-case scenario is that the wind changes, the ash blows away Northwards, flights resume some time tomorrow and that's an end of it. The worst case scenario, if the volcano and winds both turn nasty, is that there are no flights across Europe for the next twelve months!

The worst-case scenario is unlikely in the extreme, but not actually impossible.

Thing is, and I don't want to sound pessimistic, but you could fly out with no problem, and then find out that the wind changes back to our direction and/or the volcano erupts again. Then you're stuck.

Well ... I wouldn't worry about being stuck in Corfu ! If only ...

Without wanting to sound like the Prophet of Doom...

The best-case scenario is that the wind changes, the ash blows away Northwards, flights resume some time tomorrow and that's an end of it. The worst case scenario, if the volcano and winds both turn nasty, is that there are no flights across Europe for the next twelve months!

The worst-case scenario is unlikely in the extreme, but not actually impossible.

who would have thought volcanic ash would have done the governments job in stopping immigration and without even doing a thing :hihi:

i know wouldnt be a bad thing bein stuck there for a while longer lol..... lets see what happens shall we

A friend of mine, and his family are in Florida, and are due to fly back to the UK on Tuesday, arriving here on Wednesday. I'm wondering/worrying if they'll do it.

My OH is due to fly back from the US on Tuesday too. I'm not holding my breath :(

My partner is stuck in barcelona! He went monday to watch the football with a few friends and was due to return home on thursday. God im going mad without him. Is there anyone eles that has family stuck? They are now booked on a flight for monday but iv just been watching the news on the bbc and now thats looking very unlikely.:(

OMG!! Enjoy it while it lasts!!!:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived