My partner's stuck in Spain

My brother and his wife were due to fly back from florida yesterday and so are stuck there. They have rebooked on the next avaliable flight but that won't fly untill next Saturday. Luckely they have been able to stay in their villa but it will stop being funny if they can't fly home next Saturday. I wonder how long a boat takes from America to the UK these days?

My partner is stuck in barcelona! He went monday to watch the football with a few friends and was due to return home on thursday. God im going mad without him. Is there anyone eles that has family stuck? They are now booked on a flight for monday but iv just been watching the news on the bbc and now thats looking very unlikely.:(

Go down town tonight.

I wonder how long a boat takes from America to the UK these days?

If this becomes a medium-to-long-term problem, an awful lot of ships will be converted into lower-price, basic-accommodation ferries across the Atlantic. Such things used to be as thick as fleas on a dog, but since the advent of mass air travel, the only ships that still traverse the ocean are luxury, and very expensive, liners.

Friends of mine are stuck in Poland in a hotel of people who traveled there to attend the funeral of the Polish President and his wife - they're not having much of a fun time.:(

Apparantly! Monday has been set aside as a official day of mourning for the Polish people and with all this dust flying around, there will be no hand car washes open.

I think the worse thing is not knowing how long its going to last. The airlines are no help.. just gave out a number to ring which is a recording (and cost £1.50 min!!) When you do get though to a person all they say is we will know more on monday. I now its an act of god and its not the airlines fault but they dont seem to go out of there way to help.. The first flight that my partner was due home on was still taking bookings Two hours after it was cancelled because there web site was not up to date.

My brother has been in Perth W.A for the last 3 weeks, and is due home tomorrow so he can go back to work on Tues. Can't see much chance of that happening !!!!

No, nor me ... my sister was due back last Friday and has been told to try again next Wednesday ...

My brother has been in Perth W.A for the last 3 weeks, and is due home tomorrow so he can go back to work on Tues. Can't see much chance of that happening !!!!

I have heard of people stuck in NZ and Thailand - the first flight available for them both is 3rd May !

Archived