Lets Discuss Snobbery.

Peoples views change as they travel through life. I remember going to the coast for a day trip that was a luxury. Our children went to Devon & Cornwall for 2 weeks when they were tiny tots, then we went to Benidorm and they were the only people in their class who went abroad. Is that snobbery?

Wouldn't it be considered snobbery if someone wouldn't shop in certain shops?

Say Primark for example. It's not directed at anyone (which seems to be a common point of what snobbery is), but if "one wouldn't be seen dead in their darling", is that not shop snobbery?

Peoples views change as they travel through life. I remember going to the coast for a day trip that was a luxury. Our children went to Devon & Cornwall for 2 weeks when they were tiny tots, then we went to Benidorm and they were the only people in their class who went abroad. Is that snobbery?

It's only snobbery if you thought you were better than other people just because you could afford a holiday abroad and they couldn't.

Otherwise, it's just personal choice in the way you spend your money.

We've all got to have somebody to look down on - kinda reminds me of a Perishers cartoon donkeys years a go - Baby Grumpling I think came out with the rhyme;

"Big fleas have little fleas

On their backs to bite 'em

Little fleas have littler fleas

And so on ad infinitum"

That was Jonathan Swift!

So nat'ralists observe, a flea

Hath smaller fleas that on him prey,

And these have smaller fleas that bite 'em,

And so proceed ad infinitum.

Archived