Best way to get out of bed in the morning?

If you are allured by a good cup of coffee, what about getting one of those teasmaids? or whatever they are called? I think you can still by them and set them to wake you up. Maybe the sound of coffee being made and the aroma....?

My first reaction was that, if you don't want to get up, then you probably need more sleep, or better quality sleep.

I've noticed several peculiar things about waking in the morning. When I have my kids with me, my youngest wakes me usually between 6:30 and 7:00 and I feel absolutely comatose. I don't want to get up and end up snoozing for another hour. But when my kids are with their father, I often stay up later at night and wake much earlier, with no alarm, and awaken bright eyed. Also, if I wake up on my own, I'm much more awake and alert than if an alarm wakes me.

Why is this?

I've noticed several peculiar things about waking in the morning. When I have my kids with me, my youngest wakes me usually between 6:30 and 7:00 and I feel absolutely comatose. I don't want to get up and end up snoozing for another hour. But when my kids are with their father, I often stay up later at night and wake much earlier, with no alarm, and awaken bright eyed. Also, if I wake up on my own, I'm much more awake and alert than if an alarm wakes me.

Why is this?

Because when your kids are with you, you don't get the same quality of sleep. You are sleeping with an ear and an eye open.

Getting out of bed is clearly more difficult for some than others, and it's nothing to be ashamed of because it's who you are. I think you just need to acknowledge it, accept it and change your lifestyle accordingly so it's at least not negatively affecting others.

Since becoming self employed, my working day has moved from what was a borderline intolerable (for me anyway) 9-5 to a much more comfortable 11-7ish. Hence why I'm still awake now! Yes, I'll work a bit over weekends to compensate, but the flexibility is a priceless trade off.

I've never understood why, even if I get a decent 7 hours sleep, if I see a clock earlier than 9am, it takes so much damn effort to get out of bed. I admire people who can just get up, suit and boot up, and go.

I honestly thought actually having something worth getting up for (i.e. not some subordinated corporate role) would change my ways, but nope, I'm still a lazy **** and I still find mornings the most arduous, unproductive time of day.

I need a strong woman to "whip" me into shape. :P

Archived