3 year old tattoo artist, she got a real tat ?

• 2 months later...
The kid is american, do they have different laws?

Wales is not in America, read the article again. And for the record, by Law, you must be 18 years of age to be tattooed. It doesn't matter if you have the consent of your parents, the Queen or the Pope! Some tattooists will illegally tattoo people under that age with parental consent because, in the vast majority of cases where tattooists have been prosecuted for tattooing a minor, it has been because angry parents have made a complaint.

At present, it is a toy tattoo gun that she's playing with, but her father intends to have her use a real tattoo gun, on him, before she reaches five. Apparently this will lower the record for the world's youngest tattoo artist.

It says nothing about whether the "tattoo" on her arm is real or fake. I don't know if there is a legal minimum age for getting a tattoo if you have parental consent.

Maybe there should be a minimum IQ for becoming a parent. Doubt that bloke would pass

There's probably no law in Britain that governs the minimum age of a tattoo artist - but once the Outraged-of-Tunbridge-Wells get their hands on this story, I suspect we will soon have one, and it will be rather higher than 5 years old.

Legally speaking, you must be registered with your local government health authority in order to tattoo human skin - and as far as I'm aware you will not even be considered unless you are 18 or over.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1266581/Three-year-old-girl-set-worlds-youngest-tattoo-artist.html

I just read this in news paper and noticed the kid got her name wrote on her arm. Is it a real tattoo or biro or summat ?

The toddler currently takes tattoo lessons after nursery as well as practising with a toy kit at her father's shop.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1266581/Three-year-old-girl-set-worlds-youngest-tattoo-artist.html#ixzz0tbFl7voi

It's obviously biro, and the kit is a toy as stated in the article...

Mystery over, eh?

Maybe there should be a minimum IQ for becoming a parent. Doubt that bloke would pass

Why not? Not allowed to breed if you live an alternative lifestyle? Or is it that he's a father who takes a interest in his child, and encourages her artistic bent? Or the fact he runs his own business, and doesn't rely on others for handouts?

Lot's of kids would love a dad who was there for them and could provide for them....

The toddler currently takes tattoo lessons after nursery as well as practising with a toy kit at her father's shop.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1266581/Three-year-old-girl-set-worlds-youngest-tattoo-artist.html#ixzz0tbFl7voi

It's obviously biro, and the kit is a toy as stated in the article...

Mystery over, eh?

yep :) Biro- and as you confirm, quite obvious to anyone looking at the photo! The mystery was solved a bit ago, LS, despite my having to scrutinise the article to discount an "April 1st" date on the storyline. Sometimes, with the Daily Heil, all you can believe is the masthead on the paper, telling you the name of the rag, and, occasionally, the date on the paper!

Archived