Beware! Facebook can be a marriage breaker

They were physical because I didn't want to focus on the computer.

It could be more time playing a computer game, more time playing the clarinet, more time reading a book,

Any activity can be done to excess and/or alone. Social networking is no different.

If you don't have time to ever chat to anyone, without your partner a) caring who it is, b) feeling resentful about it, then you're not in a healthy relationship anyway.

Very good. You have given your version of the answer to my OP. Thank you for taking part. I hope your other half can forgive me for taking up your time. :)

I can't quite see how my last post

If you don't have time to ever chat to anyone, without your partner a) caring who it is, b) feeling resentful about it, then you're not in a healthy relationship anyway.

Was an answer to this.

I was out at my local last night having a few jars with my mates, when a huge barney broke out between a married couple.

He had found out that his wife had a facebook account and half her friends were ex's. He wasn't in the clear, as she pointed out that she knew about his facebook account, and he was chatting with his ex's!!

It was a right laugh to watch, but it did make me think about how people can use facebook to lead a secret life.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

There's only one question here, which I wasn't addressing.

We're on page 6. You might not have quite kept up, but the discussion moved on from the OP.

We are on page 6. At least we agree on something. Not sure that the discussion has moved on though. Check out post #82 page 5. Page 6 is mainly you and I bickering.

Do you have an answer to the only question in my OP yet?

I'll refer you back to post 95 where I respond to some of your comments. You don't get to engage in debate and then whine about going off topic when it suits you.

Stop whining then and get back on topic. Do you have an answer for the only question in my OP or not?

and in answer to the question.

No. I've never seen people splitting up with facebook being the reason.

The few cases where I actually know what has caused people to split up have been down to far more fundamental things than the use of a website, as the majority of people have said.

The idea that facebook can split up a marriage or relationship is incorrect, the OP just demonstrates a lack of insight and clear thinking in making that suggestion.

Archived