Beware! Facebook can be a marriage breaker

I was out at my local last night having a few jars with my mates, when a huge barney broke out between a married couple.

He had found out that his wife had a facebook account and half her friends were ex's. He wasn't in the clear, as she pointed out that she knew about his facebook account, and he was chatting with his ex's!!

It was a right laugh to watch, but it did make me think about how people can use facebook to lead a secret life.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Any social network such as facebook,faceparty,bebo,myspace,friendsreunited and others can lead to problems such as looking up ex partners, cheating and so on.

The problem starts with the relationship, if things are happy as larry then there would be no reason to go looking at the past or looking to the future with someone else.

She sounds like a bit of a slag though :)

And what about HIM ?

I somehow think you missed the point of Medusa's statement.

A friend of mine had a dirty w'end with an ex...they flew to Paris for 3days. Using your logic the plane was to blame. :hihi:

Thank you- that's my point completely :)

It was a right laugh to watch, but it did make me think about how people can use facebook to lead a secret life.

Conversely, leading multiple 'secret' lives with different partners can be the reason some people DON'T have a Facebook account - because it would lead to them being found out.

Conversely, leading multiple 'secret' lives with different partners can be the reason some people DON'T have a Facebook account - because it would lead to them being found out.

That's quite true Twiglet, but my OP is about the couple that I saw tearing strips of each other over secret facebook accounts.

I somehow think you missed the point of Medusa's statement.

A friend of mine had a dirty w'end with an ex...they flew to Paris for 3days. Using your logic the plane was to blame. :hihi:

:hihi: Funny, but not quite what I am getting at.;)

Nope, definatly facebook.

My mate split from his ex after more than 14 years after his missis got on facebook, there was trust up until he discovered she had been chatting a bloke up for over a year.

WARNING FACEBOOK CAN SERIOSLY DAMAGE YOUR HEALTH !

You've disproved your own claim. It wasn't Facebook that did the damage by chatting up another bloke; it was his wife.

You've disproved your own claim. It wasn't Facebook that did the damage by chatting up another bloke; it was his wife.

I think I know what he is saying HeadingNorth. I also understand what you are saying.

Archived